Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (0)
First Post on My New Blog

This is my very first post on this blog, my goal is to post new stuff frequently to keep it updated and interesting. Feel free to contact me or to comment on any of my posts.The post First Post on My New Blog first appeared on Olof Simren - Micros...

Community Member Microsoft Employee
LikeLike (0)
Flushing Methods

An old but still relevant topic is the different flushing methods you can use in Dynamics NAV. Flushing basically means that you can have NAV to automatically post consumption and/or output/time based on expected quantities. The flushing could ei...

LikeLike (0)
Warehouse
How to Work with Warehouse Receipts

From time to time I see users struggling with a list of warehouse receipts, the question is then ‘how can I find the warehouse receipt I am looking for?’. Well, you make it too complicated. A warehouse receipt should be created at the ...

LikeLike (0)
Mandatory Dimensions by Account Type

Dimensions are great in Dynamics NAV and one of the things that makes it great is that you can control the required dimensions for each type of posting into the general ledger by setting dimensions as mandatory on the general ledger accounts. Most...

LikeLike (0)
Statistical Accounts in General Ledger

Can Dynamics NAV handle statistical (unit) accounts in the General Ledger? Yes, it can! Although there is nothing in Dynamics NAV called statistical accounts, so the main thing is to make sure you are not mixing them into the regular g/l accounts....

LikeLike (0)
Revalue Closed Item Ledger Entries

I have meet many experience Dynamics NAV consultants and end users that did not know that it was possible to revalue closed item ledger entries in Dynamics NAV. Most of them had used the ‘Calculate Inventory Value’ function in the Reva...

LikeLike (0)
Debugger Break Rules – Break on Records Changes

I was debugging something today and I noticed the ‘Break on Records Changes’ break rule, sweet… I didn’t know this. In the older versions of Dynamics NAV I always used the code coverage to find where in the code records ar...

LikeLike (0)
How Many Companies are Using Dynamics NAV

At Convergence 2014 Microsoft presented the official number of companies using each of their Dynamics products. I thought I would share the numbers on my blog since this tells a lot about how widely used Dynamics NAV is. Have a look at the numbers...

LikeLike (0)
Number Series for Production Orders

In the demo company from Microsoft (also known as Cronus) the Manufacturing Setup has been configured to use different number series for the different production order statuses. Configuring it this way make Dynamics NAV to assign a new production ...