Welcome to the Dynamics GP Support and Services Blog. This new blog is designed to provide you the insights, knowledge and challenges that our support engineers tackle every day.
Business Portal 6.1 for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 is now available!
Customers - Click HEREPartners - Click HERE
Check out our Business Portal 6.1 Documentation
Business Portal 6.1 Upgrade Guidehttp://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38835
Business Portal 6.1 Administrator's Guidehttp://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38822
Business Portal 6.1 Installation Guidehttp://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38824
Business Portal 6.1 Facts You Need to Know! - Check it out!1. Business Portal 6.1 is x64 only.
2. Business Portal 6.1 is only supported on SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Foundation 2013.
a. When creating the site collection for your Business Portal 6.1 web application, only the 2010 experience version is supported:
3. Business Portal 6.1 is currently only supported on 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Standard, Enterprise, or Datacenter) or later & Windows Server 2012 (Standard or Datacenter)
4. Here are the upgrade paths to Business Portal 6.1. (NOTE: Coming from Business Portal 4.0 and 5.0 does also require an upgrade to SharePoint 2010 before upgrading to SharePoint 2013.)a. Business Portal 4.0 SP2 to Business Portal 6.1b. Business Portal 5.0 to Business Portal 6.1c. Business Portal 5.1 to Business Portal 6.1
d. Business Portal 6.0 to Business Portal 6.1
IMPORTANT: Workflow for Dynamics GP 2013 does not support SharePoint 2013, so if you use that application you will need to hold off on updating to Business Portal 6.1.
We hope you’re as excited for this release as we are!
Is there an update to Workflow for GP 2013 so it also now supported on SharePoint 2013? I could not find any new documentation on the Workflow requirements newer than Dec 2012.
It would be great to be able to break away from SharePoint 2010 for our new GP 2013 installations and upgrades.
At this time there is no plan to move Dynamics GP 2013 Workflow to SharePoint 2013. I can tell you that we're exploring options for the next release of Workflow though, so keep an eye open for that.
To test out BP 6.0 and BP 6.1 with GP 2013, I recently downloaded the Hyper-V Demo sets for GP 2013 from the following location:
I have installed the three Hyper-V images. Upon logging into Image B, I was surprised to find that even though it has GP 2013 installed on it, it only has Business Portal 5.1 installed on it. It is my understanding that GP 2013 requires either BP 6.0 or BP 6.1 and that BP 5.1 is incompatible with GP 2013.
1. Is there a Hyper-V image available that has BP 6.0 with GP 2013 and Sharepoint 2010?
2. Is there a Hyper-V image available that has BP 6.1 with GP 2013 and Sharepoint 2013?
3. Is it possible to run BP 5.1 and BP 6.0 on the same server?
4. Is it possible to run BP 6.0 and BP 6.1 on the same server?
I searched like crazy but couldn't find any answers to the above questions.
Thanks for your question Joe.
I assume you're referring to the VMs located at mbs.microsoft.com/.../MSDYN_GP2010R2HyperVDemoImageSet
If so, any feedback you have on these can be directed to mbsgp@Microsoft.com. They manage these VMs and any requests can be directed to that team.
Thanks for the info. We see these updates through our cloud ERP service, http://abouttmc.com/, but as far as I can tell, they're a noticeable improvement.
You said in the post that "Business Portal 6.1 is only supported on SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Foundation 2013".
Is SharePoint 2010 supported?
Thanks for your question.
The main purpose for BP 6.1 was to add compatibility for SharePoint 2013. If you are using SharePoint 2010 you will get the exact same functionality with Business Portal 6.0.
Hypothetically, would BP 6.1 work with SharePoint 2010?
That has never been tested, but I suspect it would fail during a version check.
Again, there is no functional difference between BP 6.0 and BP 6.1, so there's really no need to risk any issues by attempting to install BP 6.1 on SharePoint 2010 when you can install BP 6.0, which has been fully tested for that version of SharePoint.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Follow Microsoft Dynamics