New April Hotfix and more changes for VAT
Check out the latest updates to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and 2018.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
After upgrading your DYNAMICS or Named System Database and your Company Databases, you need to remember that if you have any modified forms or reports.dic files, those need to be upgraded as well. Here are the steps that you need to take to upgrade your modified forms and reports.dic files. 1. Make a backup of each reports dictionary or forms dictionary prior to the upgrade. The name of the reports dictionary for Microsoft Dynamics GP is Reports.dic and the name of the forms dictionary for Microsoft Dynamics GP is Forms.dic. We recommend making a copy of the .DIC files as well as exporting the modified reports and forms to a package file under Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance.
2. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 launch file (Dynamics.set) and verify that the paths to the modified reports and forms are correct. The paths must be the location of the reports dictionary and forms dictionary from the previous release. For example, if your modified dictionaries are located out on a network share, the paths would look like the following:
:C:Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2018/Dynamics.dic //server/dictionary_share/FORMS.DIC //server/dictionary_share/REPORTS.DIC
3. Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 Utilities and click Next to get to the Additional Tasks window. In the Additional Tasks window, select Update modified forms and reports and click Process. The Locate Launch File window appears.
4. Select the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 launch file (Dynamics.set) that you use to start Microsoft Dynamics GP on this client, then click Next. The Update Modified Forms and Reports window appears.
5. Select Microsoft Dynamics GP and any additional components whose modified forms and reports dictionaries you’re upgrading.
6. For each component, choose the Details button, if necessary, to open the Product Details window, where you can select the location of the original dictionary from the previous release, such as Dynamics.dic or HR.dic. For example, if you are upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018, you would browse to the Dynamics.dic in the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 client folder for the Microsoft Dynamics GP dictionary upgrade. If you are upgrading the Human Resources modified dictionaries, you would browse to the HR.dic from the previous release. Click OK in the Product Details window.
7. In the Update Modified Forms and Reports window, click Update.
Your modified forms and reports dictionaries are upgraded, and a report named Update2018.txt is generated, which contains information about upgraded modified forms. Be sure to review the report, located in the \Data folder, to verify that your modified forms have been upgraded correctly.
8. Click Next. The Additional Tasks window reappears.At this point in time, you should know if your modified reports and forms upgraded successfully or not but to be sure you can review the Update2018.txt and Update2018.log, for more information about the modified forms and reports upgrade. I hope that this helps to answer your questions in regards to the steps to upgrade your modified reports and forms dictionaries!
Continue to check back to the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 and Year-End Update Upgrade Blog Series Schedule page to review upcoming blog posts related to Upgrading Microsoft Dynamics GP and other helpful resource links.
Thank you!Sarah Purdy | SR Technical Advisor | Microsoft Dynamics GP
Business Applications communities