Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
When I planned this blog series schedule, do you think there was an underlying reason I planned the Affordable Care Act (ACA) blog for today, November 9, 2016?? Enough said, let's roll up our sleeves and get to work!! :-)
Well, here we are into year TWO of submitting our Affordable Care Act (ACA) 1095 forms that we have all come to know and LOVE!If you are going to track ACA in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you WILL need to install the 2016 year end update.
There were several changes that will be needed for accurate reporting.
I have updated my ACA living document to include the new changes and questions we are getting.
Click HERE for a VIEW I created of the ACA tables that you can run in SmartList Designer.
There is no new video this year as the tracking is the same as last year, click HERE if you are just getting started to track ACA and want to ramp up.My document above has all the detail you need, but here are a few heavy hitters I want to call out to you as you prepare for ACA 2016:
***Early Christmas Present for all of us...the IRS extended the 1095-C and 1095-B recipient deadlines from January 31, to March 2, 2017.***
1. For the 2016 year substitute forms are acceptable. (there were changes to the form, thus install the update)
2. Microsoft Dynamics GP will NOT support the electronic filing for the 2016 year for ACA.
Greenshades and Integrity-Data will allow you to track ACA in Microsoft Dynamics GP, and just do the electronic filing for you at a lower cost option.Thanks to both ISV's for doing this!!Greenshades - https://www.greenshades.com / Integrity Data - http://www.integrity-data.com/
3. You can now add a dependent on the fly in the Edit W2 window under the Dependents button, this was a large request from our customers last year.GP 2015 and GP 2016 only.
4. Plan start month is not required again this year so we are not populating it.
5. The all 12 month checkbox is not required for employee so we are populating each individual amount for employee, but on the dependent the covered all 12 month box will be populated.
6. New codes added for 2016 year Line 14 1J and 1K 1J – used to report MEC providing MV offered to employee, but only conditionally offered to spouse and dependents 1K – used to report MEC providing MV offered to employee and dependents, but only conditionally offered to spouse What is ‘conditional’ offer of coverage?
Offer that is subject to one or more reasonable, objective conditions, including but not limited to an offer of coverage to spouse only if the spouse is not eligible for coverage under Medicare, or a group health plan sponsored by their employer. Details on these conditions should be tracked and stored, in case employee requests details to help determine their eligibility for a premium tax credit.
Please refer to the 2016 Year-End Blog Schedule to review current and upcoming blog posts and other helpful resource links related to Year-End Closing for Dynamics GP.
Enjoy, and everyone have a successful ACA 2016 year.
Terry Heleynon-ACA expertMicrosoft
I am not able to access the ACA Living Document Link - if there another way I can get a copy of this document?
Number 3 states that you can add dependents on the fly, but our client does not have an add button in the edit w-2>>dependents window. They are running GP 2013 and are using the latest service pack. We have also tested this with other clients (2 running '13 and 2 running '15) and all but one of the 2015 users do not have the add button. Does anyone know why this would be the case?
Thanks for this, altho I suppose it will be moot soon!
I seem to be having issues with the ACA Living Document link. I keep getting a script error when trying to download it. Can you repost it?
Business Applications communities