How to disable Financial Module for a one company

Question Status

Verified
mgarcia asked a question on 7 Dec 2017 10:15 AM

Good morning,

I want to disable Financial module only for one company, I have two companies. In one company I will only use Sales Module for enter invoices and cash receipts but because I don't have Finacial Chart of Account after save or try to post batch the system show me errors because account has not been setup. Is possible avoid the chart of account validations and don't need accounts.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Mr. García

Verified Answer
Mariano Gomez responded on 7 Dec 2017 10:24 AM

No, it is not possible to disable the financial module entirely, but you can disable posting to General Ledger by going to Administration > Setup > Posting > Posting. Change the Series drop-down to Sales and the Origin to All, then unmark the Post to General Ledger option.

At the very least, you will need to setup ONE dummy account in GL and assign it to all posting accounts, under Administration > Setup > Posting > Posting Accounts. You can assign it to all the Sales series and all the GL series.

mgarcia responded on 7 Dec 2017 10:43 AM

Thanks a lot!

Verified Answer
Mariano Gomez responded on 7 Dec 2017 10:24 AM

No, it is not possible to disable the financial module entirely, but you can disable posting to General Ledger by going to Administration > Setup > Posting > Posting. Change the Series drop-down to Sales and the Origin to All, then unmark the Post to General Ledger option.

At the very least, you will need to setup ONE dummy account in GL and assign it to all posting accounts, under Administration > Setup > Posting > Posting Accounts. You can assign it to all the Sales series and all the GL series.