SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

The default rate type is not assigned to an exchange table for the selected currency

Microsoft Dynamics GP Forum

Moony253 asked a question on 14 Jun 2019 6:01 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi, I'm using payables transaction entry screen, when I select a intercompany with multicurrency I get this message box but when I go to assign a rate type id in the exchange rate entry screen, there are no options. Can someone tell me the steps so I can have something to select for this lookup?

I've gone through all the steps from setups, but I can't seem to get anything to enter here in the lookup.

thanks

Béat Bucher responded on 17 Jun 2019 3:14 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi @Moony253,

Can you please post a screenshot here (upload) from the screens that you're trying to assign a rate type ID ?  In GP when you want to manage the currency ID's to which the companies have access to, there should be no users logged in GP. Make sure the companies you want to create intercompany transactions are both assigned to the same currency.

Moony253 responded on 17 Jun 2019 3:36 PM
Suggested Answer

Thanks for the reply Béat Bucher, it seemed the other company was not setup for the exchange rate and accounts with the currency from TWO company. Once I realized that and setup rate type in other company then I was able to set the intercompany rate id.

appreciate the reply, hope this helps someone else that gets that dialog box.

Béat Bucher responded on 17 Jun 2019 3:48 PM
My Badges

Glad this solved the problem

Please mark my reply as the correct answer, so it will benefit others in the future.

Thank you.

Béat Bucher responded on 17 Jun 2019 3:14 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi @Moony253,

Can you please post a screenshot here (upload) from the screens that you're trying to assign a rate type ID ?  In GP when you want to manage the currency ID's to which the companies have access to, there should be no users logged in GP. Make sure the companies you want to create intercompany transactions are both assigned to the same currency.

Moony253 responded on 17 Jun 2019 3:36 PM
Suggested Answer

Thanks for the reply Béat Bucher, it seemed the other company was not setup for the exchange rate and accounts with the currency from TWO company. Once I realized that and setup rate type in other company then I was able to set the intercompany rate id.

appreciate the reply, hope this helps someone else that gets that dialog box.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS