SBX - Forum Post Title

Azure AD configuration under multi-tenant NAV2017

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Kenji Motomatsu asked a question on 9 May 2017 12:54 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

Hi,

I was reading some articles, and how-to's for NAV2017, but there was no mention about how it is possible to setup Azure AD integration with NAV2017 under multi-tenant environment. Is this possible? If so, if you can share some basic instruction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Bjørn Gustav Baklid responded on 14 Mar 2018 7:38 AM

Yes it's possible.

It took some research but with help from Microsoft I got it up and running for our solution.

For metadata you need to use a common tenant. We use login.windows.net/.../federationmetadata.xml

For the endpoint replace tenant with "{AADTENANTID}". E.g. https://login.windows.net/{AADTENANTID}/wsfed?wa=wsignin1.0%26wtrealm=https://mynavapp

Tenants need to be mounted with the AAD Tenant GUID.

Hope this helps.

Mark Connolly responded on 15 Aug 2018 9:04 AM

Hi, i'm a bit confused about this. Does the above solution assume that each NAV tenant has their own Azure AD tenant?

In my instance, all of the NAV tenants are using the same Azure AD. Is this possible?

Bjørn Gustav Baklid responded on 15 Aug 2018 9:47 AM

Yes the above solutions assumes different Azure AD tenants for each NAV tenant.
However you can just replace {AADTENANTID} with your Azure AD Tenant ID and NAV will use just the one.

Mark Connolly responded on 15 Aug 2018 9:51 AM

Oh ok, excellent. Thanks for the quick reply.

So presumably you just specify the NAV tenant in the URL as if it was a traditional Windows\UN auth type?

Bjørn Gustav Baklid responded on 15 Aug 2018 10:12 AM

Yes.

You can also use alternate tenant id's with som redirect magic, but I have not been able to make it work yet.

Specifying tenant with ?tenant=tenantid works just fine.

Mark Connolly responded on 15 Aug 2018 1:43 PM

Perfect, thanks!

kos responded on 20 Apr 2019 10:28 AM

Hello,

I will be much appreciated if you can help me with next issue:

community.dynamics.com/.../317629

I also trying setting up Azure AD auth for multi tenant configuration but stuck.

Thank you!

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS