SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Permission problem using odata webservice

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

TryFunction asked a question on 7 Nov 2018 9:53 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello everyone!!

I´m experiencing a very strange issue. Today i update platform from 2018 CU2 to 2018 CU10. In CU2 this was working ok. I have a page of type list, published as webservice odata. I use this page to insert records into Sales Invoice Header. This Page has indirect permission in the 112 and 113 tables , which are the Sales Invoice Header and Sales Invoice Line. When im using my funcionality through NAV Webservices, it says that im not having permissions in this table. How could this be possible? Its a failure in this cumulative ?? In the previous cumulative this was working like a charm.

The user that im using has SUPER permission set.

The page run in the RTC Client works perfectly, with no permission failure.

I add a screenshot from the  event visor, the error is the classic failure in permissions.

Thanks in advice!!

Suggested Answer

Very strange. Does it work by placing explicit read/write permissions on the page Properties?

TryFunction responded on 9 Nov 2018 3:34 AM

It has the permissions, but from webservice is not working.

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Nov 2018 9:30 PM
Suggested Answer

Have you updated your web reference after the update and tried restarting the services ? what type of authentication  you are using with webservices ?

TryFunction responded on 10 Nov 2018 2:06 AM

Of course yes, and the odata service opens perfectly in read mode and works.

Suresh Kulla responded on 10 Nov 2018 11:51 AM

It is very strange unless something changed like the user who is running the service or have any company specific permissions that should not cause an issue.  On the other note why are you inserting records into a Sales Invoice Header table, that should not be the design, those posted documnets should be populated by posting the sales documents.

TryFunction responded on 10 Nov 2018 2:07 PM

I know that but these are taken from an online shop and in previous versions these was working perfectly. Runing the page published has webservice with the same user i can insert, but not from the webservice. This is works with the developer license, but not with the customer license

Suggested Answer

Very strange. Does it work by placing explicit read/write permissions on the page Properties?

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Nov 2018 9:30 PM
Suggested Answer

Have you updated your web reference after the update and tried restarting the services ? what type of authentication  you are using with webservices ?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS