SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Cannot Edit Page With InsertAllowed=No

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

TryFunction asked a question on 7 Nov 2018 10:06 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello!!

Under NAV 2018 CU10, i cant edit a page of type document with this property. My DB was in CU2, and then i could edit page. The page is document type. I want the user to modify but not to insert new records. Is this possible??

Thanks!!!

EDIT: Also proved in CU11, and fails the same. With the Dev License works perfectly, but with the customer license fails. This seems to be a bug.

Suggested Answer

With this property you can edit a record. The page is not in read-only mode.

TryFunction responded on 9 Nov 2018 4:07 AM

This is not true. I dont know why, but in this CU, historic pages seem not be editable, even with indirect permisions and editable property Yes.

Very strange, i´ve been testing this and it seems to work unconsistently.

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Nov 2018 9:29 PM
Suggested Answer

I just tested this on NAV 2018 CU10 by changing the InsertAllowed to No on the standard sales order 42 page, and it allowed me to edit.  The page you are referring is the custom page ? Can you confirm if it is the same with any standard object.

TryFunction responded on 10 Nov 2018 2:05 AM

This is happening in posted documents pages, even lists or cards

Suresh Kulla responded on 10 Nov 2018 11:47 AM
Suggested Answer

Because on the Posted Document Pages always the fields are set to Non Editable.

TryFunction responded on 10 Nov 2018 2:09 PM

But i have a custom field in the table, and i can edit this field even with the field editable, page editable and everything ok in previous cumulative versions

Juan Carlos Homobono responded on 15 Nov 2018 2:25 AM
Suggested Answer

We have the same problem. We was trying differents solutions until we found it.... In NAV 2018 CU6 Microsoft addes this:

272542 The Customer and Vendor Ledger Entries pages are not editable when you use a customer license. Finance PAG 25 PAG 29

272744 The Posted Sales Shipment page is not editable anymore if you use a customer license. Finance PAG 130

Also we have a development that needs to be editable table 120... but in CU10 it doesn't work.

TryFunction responded on 15 Nov 2018 5:20 AM

This could be related to this one:

https://community.dynamics.com/nav/f/34/t/301341

Kind regards.

RockWith NAV responded on 16 Nov 2018 2:18 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

InsertAllowed has nothing to do with Editability!!

It just stops on Insertion.

TryFunction responded on 16 Nov 2018 3:25 AM

So, do you have any reason why i cant edit the posted documents pages?

Suggested Answer

With this property you can edit a record. The page is not in read-only mode.

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Nov 2018 9:29 PM
Suggested Answer

I just tested this on NAV 2018 CU10 by changing the InsertAllowed to No on the standard sales order 42 page, and it allowed me to edit.  The page you are referring is the custom page ? Can you confirm if it is the same with any standard object.

Suresh Kulla responded on 10 Nov 2018 11:47 AM
Suggested Answer

Because on the Posted Document Pages always the fields are set to Non Editable.

Juan Carlos Homobono responded on 15 Nov 2018 2:25 AM
Suggested Answer

We have the same problem. We was trying differents solutions until we found it.... In NAV 2018 CU6 Microsoft addes this:

272542 The Customer and Vendor Ledger Entries pages are not editable when you use a customer license. Finance PAG 25 PAG 29

272744 The Posted Sales Shipment page is not editable anymore if you use a customer license. Finance PAG 130

Also we have a development that needs to be editable table 120... but in CU10 it doesn't work.

RockWith NAV responded on 16 Nov 2018 2:18 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

InsertAllowed has nothing to do with Editability!!

It just stops on Insertion.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS