SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Error poping up while setting permission in NAV 2016

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Bifa asked a question on 10 Jan 2019 6:27 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Dear Experts,

After upgrading NAV 2016 to version 9.0.50221.0 i am getting the the error message shown in the attached screen shot while i'm trying to add new table data in the permission set in NAV or trying to set a new permission set in NAV, any idea what could be the issue?

Suggested Answer

In the permission set you should set TableData as object type.

Bifa responded on 11 Jan 2019 1:17 AM

Thank you Stefano

If i understand you correctly, i've already do it that way. i've been setting permissions for the last 2 years, however; as i mentioned in my question i started to get this error message safter i upgraded NAV to version 9.0.50221.0. For clarification i've attached additional screen shot.  

Suggested Answer

I've not understood when you receive this error. You go to a permission set, edit it and you see a list of permissions for objects. To give access to a table, you need to set Object Type = Table data, Object ID = ID of your table.  What do you do to open the lookup page in your picture?

Bifa responded on 11 Jan 2019 4:39 AM

i get the lookup page when i click the down arrow button situated at the right of the Object Id field, the purpose for which i opened the look up page is to filter the Objects based on their name. Since the "you don't have the permission on table data...."  message nav gives to users give us the table data name instead of No. so i filter the table data using Object Name field from All Objects table to set its permission. If you see the last screen shot i attached i filter the Object using the name IC Outbox* then it gives me the Object ID 414, when i click ok on the All Objects look up page to transfer the value to permission page it gives me the error.    

Suggested Answer

Understand. I cannot reproduce the error. The lookup on Table Data entries should work. try to recompile the objects (page 9803 and table Permission (2000000005)).

Bifa responded on 12 Jan 2019 2:36 AM

Even if i'm still getting the error even after recompiling the page and table you mentioned. Your answer gives me a clue to use a work around to achieve what i wanted.

Instead of trying to fill the Object ID by clicking ok in the look up page i copy the table id from the look up page and paste in the permission page, this way the error message doesn't pop up and roll back the process.

Thank you for your help.

NAV Beginners responded on 12 Jan 2019 5:13 AM
My Badges

Dear user, I was facing the same problem. To resolve it, please copy the object ID manually and paste in permission set. Your query will resolve.

Suggested Answer

In the permission set you should set TableData as object type.

Suggested Answer

I've not understood when you receive this error. You go to a permission set, edit it and you see a list of permissions for objects. To give access to a table, you need to set Object Type = Table data, Object ID = ID of your table.  What do you do to open the lookup page in your picture?

Suggested Answer

Understand. I cannot reproduce the error. The lookup on Table Data entries should work. try to recompile the objects (page 9803 and table Permission (2000000005)).

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS