Posting with Dimensions

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

MiP asked a question on 14 Mar 2019 9:44 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

I have the following issue:

When posting, we must ensure that either default dimension 1 OR default dimension 2 is used when posting. IN NAV standard it is possible to define if a default dimension is mandatory or not but how can we achieve that one of both dimensions is mandatory.

Thanks and best regards

Michael

Alfredo Zelaya responded on 14 Mar 2019 10:41 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

In standard NAV, go to the master data item, customer or vendor and tick on the Dimensions button under the Navigate Tab. Go to the "Value Posting" and change to Code Mandatory. If you are doing a Configuration package use table 352 Default Dimension and add the value posting there.

Alfredo Zelaya responded on 14 Mar 2019 11:22 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Aside from creating templates for the master data (Items, Customer & vendors) for the "Default Dimensions", you will have to create a customization to detect if either field on Table 352 is populated. 

I would suggest creating templates for the master data so users always populate the required fields.

Surath Lakeendra responded on 15 Mar 2019 4:26 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

You can go to any master page; Customer, Vendor, Item, Bank Accounts, Fixed Assets or for Chart of Accounts and make Dimension mandatory by selecting Dimensions-Single (for single account/item) or Dimensions-Multiple (for selected multiple accounts/item) and  selecting "Code Mandatory" under value posting against the respective Dimension code.

Manan Shah responded on 15 Mar 2019 5:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Michael,

Go to Dimension card page and click on Account Type Default. Dimension in this card page you need to define as per required table and define value posting as "Code Mandatory" 
For reference refer below mention link.

dynamicsnavfinancials.com/.../nav-default-dimensions-and-value-postings-applied-to-master-data-part-6-of-15

Teddy Herryanto responded on 17 Mar 2019 3:31 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Michael,

You can't setup one of both dimensions is mandatory in NAV.

You will need to customize for that.

Alfredo Zelaya responded on 14 Mar 2019 10:41 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

In standard NAV, go to the master data item, customer or vendor and tick on the Dimensions button under the Navigate Tab. Go to the "Value Posting" and change to Code Mandatory. If you are doing a Configuration package use table 352 Default Dimension and add the value posting there.

Alfredo Zelaya responded on 14 Mar 2019 11:22 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Aside from creating templates for the master data (Items, Customer & vendors) for the "Default Dimensions", you will have to create a customization to detect if either field on Table 352 is populated. 

I would suggest creating templates for the master data so users always populate the required fields.

Surath Lakeendra responded on 15 Mar 2019 4:26 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

You can go to any master page; Customer, Vendor, Item, Bank Accounts, Fixed Assets or for Chart of Accounts and make Dimension mandatory by selecting Dimensions-Single (for single account/item) or Dimensions-Multiple (for selected multiple accounts/item) and  selecting "Code Mandatory" under value posting against the respective Dimension code.

Manan Shah responded on 15 Mar 2019 5:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Michael,

Go to Dimension card page and click on Account Type Default. Dimension in this card page you need to define as per required table and define value posting as "Code Mandatory" 
For reference refer below mention link.

dynamicsnavfinancials.com/.../nav-default-dimensions-and-value-postings-applied-to-master-data-part-6-of-15

Teddy Herryanto responded on 17 Mar 2019 3:31 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Michael,

You can't setup one of both dimensions is mandatory in NAV.

You will need to customize for that.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS