Question Status

Verified
Claudio Amatucci asked a question on 24 May 2013 9:27 AM

I have problem with posting job journal. I make journal with Line Type 'Both Schedule and Contract' and Type 'G/L Account'. I entered some value in Quantity and Unit Cost.

When I post this journal I cannot find GL entry. Only can to find job entry. When I look an Job Statistic, I see this values, but there is no GL Entry.

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 24 May 2013 9:45 AM

As I see, you post this values using Job Journals. If this is true, the entries are correct.

When you use Job Journals, regardless you use GL Account, you will not get a GL Entries.

If you want to post in GL Entry, you need to use Job G/L Journals.

Claudio Amatucci responded on 24 May 2013 10:46 AM

But, I posted to G/L Account type. It is normal to create GL Entries, right?

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 24 May 2013 10:55 AM

You are not in right. If the GL cost requires updating the GL Entry, it is recommended to use an Job G/L Journals instead of Job Journals. Job Journal do not make GL Entries.

This is a standard NAV process.

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 24 May 2013 9:45 AM

As I see, you post this values using Job Journals. If this is true, the entries are correct.

When you use Job Journals, regardless you use GL Account, you will not get a GL Entries.

If you want to post in GL Entry, you need to use Job G/L Journals.

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 24 May 2013 10:55 AM

You are not in right. If the GL cost requires updating the GL Entry, it is recommended to use an Job G/L Journals instead of Job Journals. Job Journal do not make GL Entries.

This is a standard NAV process.