Question Status

Unanswered
Ram85SG asked a question on 8 Feb 2015 9:46 PM

Hi, 
Please help share ideas and solutions for the following scenario:

We receive our customers equipment from overseas and we have to check the equipment (at this point a sales order is created and base quote is sent to customer with repair estimate) . 
Now the challenge is sending the equipment overseas for maintenance (Supplier and Manufacturer that we represent), so we need to create a set of documents (Packing list & Commercial invoice) to send items overseas for custom and logistics purposes. Please note that we have to prepare a purchase order to the supplier for the maintenance.

How could we handle this situation?  

mmv responded on 9 Feb 2015 12:24 AM

Hi,

Would you be loading this Maintenance expense to the cost of the equipment?

At which point, you are stuck?

Best Regards,

MMV

stevdeb responded on 9 Feb 2015 5:54 AM

Hi,

You could create some alternative (shipment, customs) document layouts which you can print from the purchase order. Just to keep it simple;-).

Regards,

Steven

Ram85SG responded on 9 Feb 2015 8:48 PM

Hi,

No loading at the moment.

I am stuck producing shipping documents for equipment going for maintenance to our supplier.

Ram85SG responded on 9 Feb 2015 8:50 PM

Hi Steven,

This would be the ideal solution, unfortunately our Microsoft Partner said its not doable. I guess they do now want to venture into customization.

In your opinion, is it an easy customization?  I don't mind using the default documents in the sales order but for the purchase orders (just changing the doc numbers to avoid confusion)

Best Regards

mmv responded on 9 Feb 2015 10:00 PM

hi,

The customization purely depends on the format of the document you are expecting.

Best Regards,

MMV

Ram85SG responded on 9 Feb 2015 10:23 PM

Hi MMV,

Do you mean format as in (pdf, excel, word) or format as in (report design) ?

Regards

Rami

mmv responded on 9 Feb 2015 10:56 PM

Hi,

I mean the details to be printed and the layout.

Best Regards,

MMV

Ram85SG responded on 9 Feb 2015 11:46 PM

I would like to use the existing Packing  list, delivery order and commercial invoices reports that are being used under Sales orders.. but with different No.s