Classic Client debugger step over now working

Question Status

Verified
sjc01234 asked a question on 20 Mar 2017 3:05 PM

Does "step over" actually work in the debugger?  I feel like when I click the step over (or do ctrl+F8) it doesn't actually step over a function. It will go into the function... making debugging extremely difficult at times when there are thousands upon thousands of lines of code you can't step over. I am doing something wrong? Or does this functionality just not work?

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 20 Mar 2017 3:17 PM

There has been earlier similar discussion here, might be useful: forum.mibuso.com/.../step-over-ctrl-f8-problem-with-debugger

"Usually set a breakpoint after the function call and hit F5"

Verified Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 21 Mar 2017 12:36 AM

Please check this

Step Over executes statements one at a time, Step Into. However, if you use this command when you reach a function call, the function is executed without the debugger stepping through the function instructions. If you use this command when the Breakpoint on Triggers setting is enabled, the debugger will still suspend code execution at every trigger. If there is a breakpoint in one of the functions that you step over, the debugger will break at that breakpoint.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../dd355124.aspx

Use breakpoints so that you can step over.

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 20 Mar 2017 3:17 PM

There has been earlier similar discussion here, might be useful: forum.mibuso.com/.../step-over-ctrl-f8-problem-with-debugger

"Usually set a breakpoint after the function call and hit F5"

Verified Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 21 Mar 2017 12:36 AM

Please check this

Step Over executes statements one at a time, Step Into. However, if you use this command when you reach a function call, the function is executed without the debugger stepping through the function instructions. If you use this command when the Breakpoint on Triggers setting is enabled, the debugger will still suspend code execution at every trigger. If there is a breakpoint in one of the functions that you step over, the debugger will break at that breakpoint.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../dd355124.aspx

Use breakpoints so that you can step over.