SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

NAV 2013 R2 - Excel Export with Ctrl+E automatic fills empty cells with value from previous row

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Name_ asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 5:08 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi there,

I have the following problem described below.

Description of error pattern:

While using MS Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, I open a page (e.g. Sales Offers) and get a list of all Sales Offers with a number of columns.

Now, I want to export these page content to Excel by using <Ctrl>+<E>.

What happens next?

Row by row, the column data on page will transferred to an Excel file. After then, I may open or save the created Excel file.

When opened the file with MS Excel 2010 I take a look on the rows and... SURPRISE!

The Excel-Sheet consists all rows and all columns like on page in NAV. So far, so good. But...

By validating the content of the cells in all columns, I see a column (in this case column "Amount" by Datatype "Decimal"), which has no empty cells. I'm wondering about that, because on page in NAV there are some rows with empty cells in this column.

By exploring this case, I identify that the empty cells were filled automatically while export process.

But where are these values from?

After detailed research I get it.

The values are from the cell in same column but by previous row.

Result of this doing: There is an error.

Workaround:

When looking for a workaround I got a solution.

1. Selecting all Rows on NAV page

2. Use <Ctrl>+<Shift>+<C> (to copy the content of selected rows)

3. Open an empty Excel-Sheet (in my case Excel 2010)

4. Use <Shift>+<V> or <Shift>+<Ins> (to insert content to Excel-Sheet)

Result of these steps: All rows from NAV page were copied with correct content. Empty cells on NAV page are also empty on Excel-Sheet.

Question:

What is the reason, that empty cells were filled with values from cells of previous rows, when using <Ctrl>+<E>?

And why does it not happens on all columns, but only on columns with specific data types like "decimal" and not like "text-string"?

Does anyone have an answer to this case?

Thank you for your responses.

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Nov 2018 9:22 PM
Suggested Answer

I have not seen this error before, is the amount field a normal field or flow field ?  Is it happening with other pages ?

Name_ responded on 12 Nov 2018 2:05 AM

Hey Suresh,

I'm sorry. I made a mistake in error description.

The empty lines were not filled in field "Amount" but in field "Requested Delivery Date" (Field 5790) on (SourceTable 36).

"Amount" is a flow field (Field 5072674) on (Source Table 36) and "Requested Delivery Date" is a normal field.

Following there is a screenshot, that shows left the source table in NAV and right the target table in Excel:

Name_ responded on 12 Nov 2018 2:32 AM

Additional information:

On page "Purchase Order List" (9307) I get the same error with field "Delivery Date" (50054, data type 'DATE') on Source Table "Purchase Header" (38).

It seems, that only fields with data type 'DATE' make some trouble.

See the following screenshot (left source table in NAV, right target table in Excel):

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Nov 2018 9:22 PM
Suggested Answer

I have not seen this error before, is the amount field a normal field or flow field ?  Is it happening with other pages ?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS