Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 2 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I've been through quite a few of the similar issues and tried a few resolutions but none seem to work. Here's the scenario:
Brand new (virtual) Windows 2019 Server install with default options (domain joined)
Brand new SQL Server 2017 install - database only
NAV BC150 (wave 2) install with domain user account
Domain user account is the same one used on our live server, has "run as a service" set on this server, is in the server admins group and has full rights on SQL Server.
NAVBC install is a full install apart from the outlook integration
The error I get is:
Windows Installer: Error: Service 'Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Server [BC150]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$BC150) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
I've even tries to install using the defaults (network service account) and get the same issue.
Typically you do need to ensure you did also provision the NST Service account:
I would also verify if ports have not been used before (or are in use after this failed installation attempt):
netsh http show urlacl
If there are any ports listed related to SOAP, OData and Development (7047, 7048 ands 7049), remove these by copying the mentioned urls:
netsh http delete urlacl url=<<copied_url_plus_port>>
Uninstall the incorrect nst (setup will show it is installed while it is not).
Good luck! These are always these frustrating issues as you want to spend your time on the actual configuration of the environment.
I'm not entirely sure which one of these worked, and I added a step which may have made a difference.
Once the Service Manager was installed, I went in and found the service had already been created with "Start Pending". I went in and edited the service to use NTLM authentication.
When the install finished creating the service, the service was actually running although the install finished with errors (same error) and deleted the service directory which meant that the service was technically 'running' but was running on empty so to speak.
I re-booted the server, and the service obviously wouldn't start, so I did a repair of the install and everything is now running fine.
Of the steps above, I had most of them already. The "SMSvcHost.exe.config" configuration is one I've never had to do before, but as this account has been used on countless other test installations, the AD rights were already done.
Thanks again for your help. I've been struggling with getting this running for a while now!
Business Applications communities