SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Transaction number skip 10308 to 11308

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Jakub Stroinski asked a question on 27 Nov 2014 11:12 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I have a client with RMS (CU5) and their transaction number skipped from 10308 to 11308 in one shot.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any explanation? In the database the transaction ID's are consecutive but it seems RMS decided to skip 99 transaction numbers

ed boyer responded on 28 Nov 2014 9:46 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can set the next transaction number within Store Ops Administrator.  This also can happen through a sql query.  

Have you installed any addins lately?  Or had a problem where you needed to set the transaction number?

Jakub Stroinski responded on 30 Nov 2014 3:47 PM
My Badges

Thanks for the information Ed. No one changed the next transaction number in Administrator. It seems it has randomly skipped on its own. Curious that this happened. I guess its a bug of the system. I will definitely cause a lot of problems for accounting.

Interested whether anyone else has encountered something like this?

Greg Ang responded on 2 May 2018 7:23 AM

Hi. Did you find any solution for this as we are also facing the same issue? TRX numbers are getting skipped randomly like 990 trx numbers!

RMS Version 2.0.2002

Aadeel Singapuri responded on 5 Sep 2018 12:20 PM

This is a bug from SQL Server 2008+ i.e 2012,2014. I have solution.

ed boyer responded on 28 Nov 2014 9:46 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can set the next transaction number within Store Ops Administrator.  This also can happen through a sql query.  

Have you installed any addins lately?  Or had a problem where you needed to set the transaction number?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS