SBX - Forum Post Title

How to Block Void Transaction Option

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Muhammad Gulfam asked a question on 19 Apr 2017 6:42 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello everyone !

a few days ago we came across a requirement to void an item from the items grid through a customization instead of using the default functionality of voiding an item. we did it by calling the "Application.runOperation(...)" and it works fine.

Now we need to block the option of voiding an item. we have done this through modifying security based access. through this user can only void item if he provides credentials of the user account who is allowed to perform this functionality. It works fine for default voiding item option but the custom voiding dont ask for credentials and perform the functionality without blockage.

Is there anyway that we can ensure that the custom blocking of voiding an item also go for the credentials validation.

Thank you very much.

ed boyer responded on 5 May 2017 8:52 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It is not clear what you mean by "calling the Application.runOperation".  I assume you are talking about an external program.  Are you using a custom POS button to call this new addin?  

If you are, then just setup security on the pos button.   If not,  then how are you interacting with RMS.  

Also,  RMS assumes that your addin will check security and make its own decision about access and operations that are allowed.

Muhammad Gulfam responded on 4 Jul 2018 7:19 AM
My Badges

I was talking about Retail POS Dynamics AX 2012. It has option to call different operations through code.

ed boyer responded on 5 May 2017 8:52 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It is not clear what you mean by "calling the Application.runOperation".  I assume you are talking about an external program.  Are you using a custom POS button to call this new addin?  

If you are, then just setup security on the pos button.   If not,  then how are you interacting with RMS.  

Also,  RMS assumes that your addin will check security and make its own decision about access and operations that are allowed.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS