SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Posting batches from RMS to Quickbooks

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Dave Albert asked a question on 14 Jul 2018 7:35 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Not sure which account to assign an "Over / Short" on Z Report when downloading to Quickbooks

Dave Albert responded on 16 Jul 2018 2:14 PM

I'm very familiar with the info on the link that you sent me.  Thank you.   My issue is that I have selected what I thought was the correct credit account to place the "Over/short" amount to in Quickbooks but I keep getting the error message that the Quickbooks entry is not in balance.   I have posted well over a thousand RMS journals to Quickbooks over the past 5 years and have been able to get all of them to balance except this one.   Is there any way of determining in RMS what is causing the out of balance error?

Kevin Antosh responded on 16 Jul 2018 2:32 PM
My Badges

Not fun...we've come across this on rare occasion with both RMS and NCR CounterPoint SQL. All we could do was have a tech go through everything in the journals, totals, etc and have an accountant look at the details in QuickBooks and then try and reconcile or find the error.  Maybe someone else on here can offer additional advice.

Dave Albert responded on 16 Jul 2018 3:26 PM

Thanks.   It's just one journal - one day's worth of about 40 transactions.   But all I have to look it is the Z report data.   Is there a way to look at the info in Quickbooks even if the transaction is not in balance?   The Quickbooks error states "pos of batch 2141 failed.   Quick Books error - there was an error when saving a General Journal transaction.   Quickbooks error message:  Transaction not in balance".   I know I am out of balance (per the Z report) by about $45.00  but I can't figure out where the amount should go on the "Assign GL accounts" in RMS.   I've assigned QB accounts on the credit account side (since that's where I'm off) for Over/short but that doesn't do it.   I'd like to be able to see the way the data is set up in RMS at time of transfer to Quickbooks but I don't know how to see it.

Kevin Antosh responded on 16 Jul 2018 4:03 PM
My Badges

Hi Dave - I'd pull in your QuickBooks expert on this. That's what we have done in the past - have the retailers QuickBooks expert and one of our techs work together to sort things out. You could also check PartnerSource / CustomerSource or use one of your support incidences if current on RMS Maintenance. 888-477-7877 is the RMS support number. One of our support techs at RITE would be happy to help as well but it could involve some time and expense digging through the data and we are not QuickBooks experts by any means.

RMS Wizard responded on 18 Jul 2018 8:52 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

What version of RMS are you running?

Are you using RMS gift vouchers?

Have you tried opening the IIF text file in Excel or Notepad?

If you don't have IIF enabled run Store Operations Manager, File, Configuration, Accounting, select QuickBooks file option then post the problem batch to a file and view it.

It could be a simple rounding error (off by .01). You can edit the file before importing it into QuickBooks.

community.intuit.com/.../1437417-export-or-import-iif-files

Grier Fleischhauer responded on 21 Jul 2018 11:21 AM
My Badges

Hi Dave, I have had this happen to me a couple times before. I could never get that one journal entry to download. I surmised that the journal batch from RMS was corrupted. My solution was to manually enter the Z report into quickbooks. I don't keep track of the individual transactions in quickbooks, just the z reports. Then I used a sql command to change the status of the journal batch to make it disappear.

RMS Wizard responded on 18 Jul 2018 8:52 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

What version of RMS are you running?

Are you using RMS gift vouchers?

Have you tried opening the IIF text file in Excel or Notepad?

If you don't have IIF enabled run Store Operations Manager, File, Configuration, Accounting, select QuickBooks file option then post the problem batch to a file and view it.

It could be a simple rounding error (off by .01). You can edit the file before importing it into QuickBooks.

community.intuit.com/.../1437417-export-or-import-iif-files

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS