SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Resetting our POS login information

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

poshcalli asked a question on 13 Feb 2019 3:03 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

We had an employee leave (on bad terms) and did not give us the log in information to our management system. If anyone could please help us reset the information that would be greatly appreciated. Contacting the employee is not an option. We have MS POS 1.0 2005

Kevin Antosh responded on 13 Feb 2019 6:11 PM
My Badges

Hi - are you on RMS or POS?  You may want to try calling Microsoft Support at 888-477-7877 for assistance. Otherwise, contact the place that you purchased the program from to see if they can get in to the database to retrieve the password.  if you still need help, one of our support techs at RITE may be able to help: 888-267-7483.  

poshcalli responded on 13 Feb 2019 7:19 PM

We are using "Microsoft Business Solutions Point of Sale" it was released in 2006 and we installed it in 2007. We spent 5 hours on the phone with Microsoft yesterday and in conclusion they told us that support for our system ended YEARS ago! We can log into our cash register but we are having issues logging into the Manager portion of it to print out our reports for tax purposes. Is there anyway we can find those on the computer itself without having to log into the manager?

Kevin Antosh responded on 13 Feb 2019 7:31 PM
My Badges

Hi, shoot, I am not familiar with that program. Only other thing that I can think of is to find a database expert to see if they can find the password tables in the database. Sorry that I couldn’t help further but maybe someone else of this forum has experience that they can share.

TheNeos responded on 15 Feb 2019 4:18 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi All,

Kevin sorry to jump in...Here is my 2 pence thoughts....

I had similar situation some years ago when inherited RMS. Some one willing to help!!! with datbase access typed the wrong SQL pw and ticked the remember button while attempting Administrator. Then there was no where to find the person who installed and pw that was probably right in the first place was gone.

MS retail POS most likely is the first version of RMS and may be similar to RMS. There are some docs and blogs referring so circa 2006.

If you have SQL access through Administrator or SQL Server Manager (Express is what I have) The following query can get you this data.

Select * from Cashier

If you have no access to server from Administrator with SQL authentication try with Windows authentication.

If still can't connect to database SQL Server Management Studio (Express is what I use) may help you to reset Database to new pw.

TheNeos responded on 15 Feb 2019 4:18 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi All,

Kevin sorry to jump in...Here is my 2 pence thoughts....

I had similar situation some years ago when inherited RMS. Some one willing to help!!! with datbase access typed the wrong SQL pw and ticked the remember button while attempting Administrator. Then there was no where to find the person who installed and pw that was probably right in the first place was gone.

MS retail POS most likely is the first version of RMS and may be similar to RMS. There are some docs and blogs referring so circa 2006.

If you have SQL access through Administrator or SQL Server Manager (Express is what I have) The following query can get you this data.

Select * from Cashier

If you have no access to server from Administrator with SQL authentication try with Windows authentication.

If still can't connect to database SQL Server Management Studio (Express is what I use) may help you to reset Database to new pw.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS