SBX - Forum Post Title

Print POS Sales Receipt in arabic Language

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

SDDXB asked a question on 19 Mar 2013 7:27 AM
My Badges

Verified

HI,

We have a requirement of printing POS receipt in Arabic language (Apart from English) Currently all our systems are in English. Anyone know

if this can be achieved   from RMS receipts.

SDDXB responded on 20 Mar 2013 12:28 AM
My Badges

Unanswered

Anyone ?

A Hassan responded on 9 Apr 2013 8:33 AM
My Badges

Unanswered

Sorry for the delay, it's a matter of using OPOS or Windows driver, if you r using OPOS (most likely) then u can't print Arabic and u should use Windows driver with Star printer for example (tested and working) or any other receipt printer with Windows driver

A Hassan

RMS Leaders

SDDXB responded on 10 Apr 2013 1:10 AM
My Badges

Unanswered

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for your feedback. Do you know how english words will be converted to arabic. This has to be through 3rd party ?

A Hassan responded on 10 Apr 2013 1:24 AM
My Badges

Unanswered

What do u mean by "converted to Arabic"? In the case I know about they have the English description in the Description field, and the Arabic description in the ExtendedDescription field (as I remember), and they just edited the receipt template to use the ExtendedDescription field with changes in the alignment (to be right aligned) plus changing the header and footer to Arabic text as well (fixed strings).

I hope you are not thinking in translation to have Arabic text, cause I believe it wouldn't be satisfying at all

A Hassan

RMS Leaders

SDDXB responded on 10 Apr 2013 1:40 AM
My Badges

Unanswered

I am afraid so. Currently we are storing english only and there is now way that we can convert our 350000 active item master to Arabic.  Only way is to translate on the fly. Any suggestions on this.

Yasser Shenouda responded on 10 Apr 2013 3:22 AM
My Badges

Verified

Hi;

Please contact Retail Realm. This is standard procedure in all our support for the middle east we have the Arabic support for screens and printing. If you are active on BREP this support is given for free.. yasser@retailrealm.co.uk

A Hassan responded on 10 Apr 2013 3:28 AM
My Badges

Verified

From my opinion, there will be effort in both cases. If u want to translate on the fly, then for sure u will a customization to handle it, but if u export those 350000 items and translate them then imports the Arabic description back to any unused field, then i believe the customization effort would be less (u might NOT need customization if you send it to translation office) and much more easier to find with the advantage of being able to revise the translation and enhance while I'm positive that u will face funny cases in case of the on the fly translation as the Arabic language is not an easy language and sentences translation to Arabic is often unsatisfying

A Hassan

RMS Leaders

SDDXB responded on 10 Apr 2013 3:37 AM
My Badges

Unanswered

Hi Hassan

Thank you for your feedback. Same what i thought that sentences meaning will not be proper if its on the fly. However I will contact RR and see their feedback on this as Yaseer requested.

Regards

Nav_Development responded on 15 Apr 2013 10:14 AM

Unanswered

HI,

I tried Arabic receipt with OPOS printer(IBM surePOS 4610) using Nav 4.0 and it prints the correct letters but each letter print separately.

Do any one have idea, how to combine letters while printing?

Regards

Sajeer AbdulAziz responded on 4 Oct 2013 2:36 AM

Unanswered

Practical Approach is Put you department of category description in arabic and print this instead of converting all 30000 products..

Technical responded on 17 Dec 2013 2:37 AM
My Badges

Suggested Answer

If you use Windows Driver rather than OPOS than you can configure very easy................OPOS driver require some character SET other wise you can not readable format.....

Step One--Make the Receipt Label in Microsoft Dynamic Ax 2012 as Arabic in Text Box.....

Step Two--Choose this label in Printer (Hardware Profile) and Run the N series (Register)

Step Three ---Set the margin in Epson TM-T88IV

after you can print as arabic ......................

Thanks - Shaad

Yasser Shenouda responded on 17 Dec 2013 6:11 AM
My Badges

Suggested Answer

Please contact your reseller. Retail Realm will help you print in Arabic as long as you are active on BREP.

Yasser Shenouda

yasser@rrdisti.com

Nav_Development responded on 22 Jan 2014 9:08 AM

Unanswered

With windows drivers its very easy, only need to customize reports and we can do it with opos driver by image printing.

MOHAMMED ARSHAD responded on 23 Feb 2015 7:51 AM

Unanswered

if you want any idea contact with me +97477662930 ................

Afshin Alikhani responded on 25 Feb 2015 7:19 PM
My Badges

Unanswered

Contact yasser@rrdisti.com

Yasser Shenouda responded on 10 Apr 2013 3:22 AM
My Badges

Verified

Hi;

Please contact Retail Realm. This is standard procedure in all our support for the middle east we have the Arabic support for screens and printing. If you are active on BREP this support is given for free.. yasser@retailrealm.co.uk

A Hassan responded on 10 Apr 2013 3:28 AM
My Badges

Verified

From my opinion, there will be effort in both cases. If u want to translate on the fly, then for sure u will a customization to handle it, but if u export those 350000 items and translate them then imports the Arabic description back to any unused field, then i believe the customization effort would be less (u might NOT need customization if you send it to translation office) and much more easier to find with the advantage of being able to revise the translation and enhance while I'm positive that u will face funny cases in case of the on the fly translation as the Arabic language is not an easy language and sentences translation to Arabic is often unsatisfying

A Hassan

RMS Leaders

Technical responded on 17 Dec 2013 2:37 AM
My Badges

Suggested Answer

If you use Windows Driver rather than OPOS than you can configure very easy................OPOS driver require some character SET other wise you can not readable format.....

Step One--Make the Receipt Label in Microsoft Dynamic Ax 2012 as Arabic in Text Box.....

Step Two--Choose this label in Printer (Hardware Profile) and Run the N series (Register)

Step Three ---Set the margin in Epson TM-T88IV

after you can print as arabic ......................

Thanks - Shaad

Yasser Shenouda responded on 17 Dec 2013 6:11 AM
My Badges

Suggested Answer

Please contact your reseller. Retail Realm will help you print in Arabic as long as you are active on BREP.

Yasser Shenouda

yasser@rrdisti.com

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS