SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Auto reversing entry

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

sepidehranjbar asked a question on 12 Oct 2018 8:11 AM

Question Status

Unanswered

Hi,

Is there any way to know if an entry is posted as auto reversing entry when looking at GLTRAN data?

StuartN responded on 12 Oct 2018 9:51 AM
My Badges

I don't think you can tell by looking solely at GLTRAN. In looking at the BATCH table, if GL is set to create the reversing entry at period closing, then the AutoRev field of the batch will be set to 1 until the closing process creates the reversing entry. At that point, the AutoRev field will be reset to 0, the AutoRevCopy field of the newly created batch will be set to  1, and the batch number of the original batch will be added to the OrigBatNbr field of the new BATCH record.

If GL is set to create reversing entry on release of the originating batch, then the new (reversing) BATCH record will have AutoRevCopy set to 1 and the originating batch number in the OrigBatNbr field.

sepidehranjbar responded on 12 Oct 2018 10:12 AM

Thank you for your reply. How can I see the BATCH table? The only column related to batch I can see on the data spreadsheet is BATNBR, which shows the JE number.

StuartN responded on 12 Oct 2018 10:18 AM
My Badges

My assumption from your original post was that you were using SQL to examine GLTRAN. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by data spreadsheet.

sepidehranjbar responded on 12 Oct 2018 10:37 AM

I have been given a spreadsheet which is created from Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) GLTRAN. Below is the columns that the spreadsheet includes. As I didn't create this, I am not sure if I can add any more column to this spreadsheet that shows AutoRev status.

Acct Descr Sub TCO Loc Dep TranDesc  User1 BatNbr CuryDrAmt CuryCrAmt Net Amount FiscYr Module PerEnt PerPost Posted ProjectID RefNbr TranType Crtd_DateTime LUpd_User   Crtd_User ProjectID2 User2 CpnyID

StuartN responded on 12 Oct 2018 10:45 AM
My Badges

I don't know of any way to do it other than adding the BATCH table to the query used in the spreadsheet (using either BatNbr or OrigBatNbr dependent on GL Setup and Closing statuses) and bringing in both AutoRev and AutoRevChk.

sepidehranjbar responded on 12 Oct 2018 12:31 PM

I will try it. Thank you so much for the help!

Carolyn Froton responded on 12 Oct 2018 7:22 PM
My Badges

The GLTRAN feild is called AutoRev

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS