Management Reporter Error: The selected database ({0}) is not a Microsoft Dynamics SL System database.

Question Status

Verified
Laurie Sweeney asked a question on 18 May 2018 1:13 AM

I am working in a test environment.  Dynamics SL 2015 CU2 9.02.41201.02 (9.0.0.0).  Management Reporter 2012 Version 2.12.16002.0. 

I had Management Reporter up and running.   I started in on migrating FRX data.   I got stuck on Mapping the database.   I went over to see what databases were in Management Reporter, and I now had two databases instead of my original database.   The new one showed Source Unknown?   I ended up deleting the database that I had been working with.   It wouldn't let me delete the new database that had just been created.     To make a long story short, I ended up dumping all the databases setup inside of management reporter, the application and process manager setup as well as the Management Reporter database and datamart database.   Basically, I was starting over.  

For some reason, it now hates the SL System Database when I go through the configure process.   I am working with the same databases that I set up before.  The only thing that has touched them was my management reporter install.     I found a resolution that was similar to my problem that said that if I had a Company1 index, that I need to drop it.    I have 3.  Company0, Company1, and Company 2.  I dropped Company1 and Company2 indexes, but it did nothing for me.    I can't see any issues in the Domain table.   I reran the database maintenance routines and synced security which did nothing for me. 

It appears that my System Database has been altered by Management Reporter in some way?   I'm using the same credentials, user names, etc. as before.   I can log into SL 2015 with no errors or problems?

My Deployment Log is below:

5/17/2018 10:39:19 PM - Displaying user object picker for user account selection.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Validating user slmgmtrepadmin, domain WCC, and password.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - True
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Checking SQL Server version; result: 13.0.4466.4
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Checking whether database SLManagementReporter exists
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Checking whether current user has SQL role sysadmin
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - True
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Checking whether current user has SQL role sysadmin
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Validating master key password.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Validating password against password policy for computer WCCS4
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Validating administrator user name 'WCC\slmgmtrepadmin'.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Validating user slmgmtrepadmin, domain WCC, and password.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:04 PM - Checking port 4712 against ports with active TCP listeners.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:15 PM - Error The selected database ({0}) is not a Microsoft Dynamics SL System database.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:15 PM - Validating user slmgmtrepadmin, domain WCC, and password.
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:15 PM - True
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:15 PM - Checking SQL Server version; result: 13.0.4466.4
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:15 PM - Checking whether database SLManagementReporter exists
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:15 PM - Checking whether current user has SQL role sysadmin
Machine: WCCS4
5/17/2018 10:41:15 PM - True
Machine: WCCS4

Reply
Verified Answer
Laurie Sweeney responded on 18 May 2018 3:36 PM

Well, the instructions state to use the SQL User sign-in if you are NOT using Windows Authentication (which we are not).    Once I changed it to Windows Authentication, the System Database error went away.    I'm guessing that the first time I went through the test migration, I had selected Windows Authentication not thoroughly reading the documentation.  

Reply
Verified Answer
Laurie Sweeney responded on 18 May 2018 3:36 PM

Well, the instructions state to use the SQL User sign-in if you are NOT using Windows Authentication (which we are not).    Once I changed it to Windows Authentication, the System Database error went away.    I'm guessing that the first time I went through the test migration, I had selected Windows Authentication not thoroughly reading the documentation.  

Reply