ax2009 import compeny very long time....

This question is answered

Hello

i try to transfer one compeny from prodaction server to test server .

the export work fine the file size of export 9GB

now i try to import this file to TEST server but is took very long timeeeee....:( about 3 days its working!!

anyone have an idea to transfer faster?

thnx

Verified Answer
  • Forgot to mention: Printscreen is from AX2012, but the form is also available in prior versions of AX.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

All Replies
  • When importing the data untick updating existing records. Also untick create index during import. You can create the indexes afterwards by using the database admininistration form or do it directly on the SQL server.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• thnx andre

What is meant  "using the database admininistration form or do it directly on the SQL server." ?

• Hi Tom,

In the system administration menu you can find the form SQL administration. I wrote the wrong name in my previous reply.

If you click Index actions, Reindex all indexes will be rebuild. This might take some time, but it is a lot quicker than building it during import.

Also with an SQL statement in the SQL server it is possible to rebuild all indexes.

kind regards,

• Forgot to mention: Printscreen is from AX2012, but the form is also available in prior versions of AX.

kind regards,

• tnx andre

But still it takes a long time it has been running two days is not finished yet...

I don't know when it will end?!

How long should take this thing generali?

thnx agein