SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How display values of the Account Name and Users Names using MS Flow

Dynamics 365 General Forum

Eatsam asked a question on 5 Feb 2019 6:39 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I am working with a flow template, Receive a weekly email summary of new Dynamics 365 opportunities. I brought in Account, Owner and Created by Columns in the HTML table however when the flow is run, then In the email the table is showing the GUIDs for the Accounts, Owner(User) and Created by(User).

I want to display the actual values of the Account Name, Owner Name and Created by Name in the columns. Is there anyway to do this?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Stefan Strube responded on 6 Feb 2019 3:43 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Do you use the Dynamics 365 connector?

The (premium) Common Data Service connector will resolve the names.

If you can't/don't to use that connector, you should add extra actions to get record of Account,  User (Owner) and User (Created by). Add the Name field from that actions to the html table.

Eatsam responded on 7 Feb 2019 5:05 AM
My Badges

Hi Stefan

I am using Dynamics 365 connector, with List Record Action. i don't have Premium CDS connector.  Can you please explain where should i Add extra action Get Record for Account and users? Should I add the Get connector after List Record and before Create HTML? 

Stefan Strube responded on 7 Feb 2019 10:33 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

This inspired me to write a blog post with the solution for this.
Link: 2die4it.com/.../schedule-daily-email-with-summary-of-opportunities-from-dynamics-365-ce-in-flow

Please Verify my answer, thanks! ;-)

Eatsam responded on 8 Feb 2019 2:18 AM
My Badges

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your blog, I assume you have used CDS connector for this flow however, in Free addition List Opportunity record connector is not available. It would be really helpful if you can lists the steps for Get Records for this flow.

Stefan Strube responded on 8 Feb 2019 3:08 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

I've used only the Dynamics 365 connector, since you don't want to use the CDS connector.

The List Opportunity records is the same List records connector you're using, I just renamed it.

My blog post describes all the actions you need. The Get record action are part of the Apply to each loop.

Eatsam responded on 8 Feb 2019 3:56 AM
My Badges

Thanks for your quick reply. I have now replicated your steps but I am getting an error on The Filter Query. I am using the following Expression

createdon ge formatDateTime(body('Get_past_time'),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Error code is:

{

"status": 400,

"message": "Syntax error at position 16 in 'createdon ge2019-02-07'.",

"source": "myorg.crm4.dynamics.com",

"errors": [],

"debugInfo": "clientRequestId: 3541999d-4cb6-446f-8f17-93ad132823e0"

}

Eatsam responded on 12 Feb 2019 3:20 AM
My Badges

Hi Stefan,  Thank you very much for your help on this.

I have one more question. Is there any possibility to filter the report by a business unit. For example I want to send a report of the opportunities for each business unit separately. At the moment the flow is fetching all the opportunities records from the entire organisation.

Stefan Strube responded on 12 Feb 2019 5:28 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

You could set the filter on business unit in the List records action like this: _owningbusinessunit_value eq 15BEAA01-9716-E611-80E3-D89D6763EFEC (guid of bu)

Stefan Strube responded on 7 Feb 2019 10:33 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

This inspired me to write a blog post with the solution for this.
Link: 2die4it.com/.../schedule-daily-email-with-summary-of-opportunities-from-dynamics-365-ce-in-flow

Please Verify my answer, thanks! ;-)

Stefan Strube responded on 8 Feb 2019 3:08 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

I've used only the Dynamics 365 connector, since you don't want to use the CDS connector.

The List Opportunity records is the same List records connector you're using, I just renamed it.

My blog post describes all the actions you need. The Get record action are part of the Apply to each loop.

Stefan Strube responded on 12 Feb 2019 5:28 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

You could set the filter on business unit in the List records action like this: _owningbusinessunit_value eq 15BEAA01-9716-E611-80E3-D89D6763EFEC (guid of bu)

Stefan Strube responded on 6 Feb 2019 3:43 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Do you use the Dynamics 365 connector?

The (premium) Common Data Service connector will resolve the names.

If you can't/don't to use that connector, you should add extra actions to get record of Account,  User (Owner) and User (Created by). Add the Name field from that actions to the html table.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS