Before I jump to the environment linking for dual write integration, let's action pro-actively on the pre-requisites.

App Version

Image result for tick box

The dual-write core solution

The Common Data Service can connect to Finance and Operations apps

The Finance and Operations apps can connect to the Common Data Service

Apps in tenant

The dual-write registration and runtime plugins

All pre-requisites passed and it will look like this, will detailed in my post.

We need to setup some application user at FinOps side and similarly in CDS instance.

"The reason for that is because the dual write technology is tightly coupled, Synchronous engine and what that means is that the data or the integration have a direct connection between the two system. So for example, FinOps when it needs to send data, it send the data to CDS using direct connection. What you need to do is to create some application users on each application side to allow those incoming connections."

This is what we setup in Part 1

If I got to my FinOps environment and go to azure active directory applications form. You will be able to see that I have actually set up two application users.

1. One application user is for incoming connections from the data integrator side
    2. One is for incoming connection from my CDS instance

Why data integrator side on the incoming connection?

When initial write happens, the initial write is nothing but a hidden data integrator project, an initial sync mode or an initial write mode is we have incoming connection from the data integrator to D365 Finance and Operations.

Once you are in live sync (running state) mode then connection would be incoming from CDS instance.

This is why you need application users for two different type of connections.

You also need a similar setup in your CDS instance.

Dual Write solutions and aspects

You need to have certain dual write solutions installed on your CDS environment. So because the dual write has two aspects

1. The infrastructure
      2. The application

There are two separate solutions as stated and showed in Part 1

The dual write core solution is focus on the infrastructure capabilities at the solution awareness for the dual write maps