Skip to main content

Notifications

Community blogs

Featured

Latest blog posts

LikeLike (0)
Oauth to connect to the EmbeddApp Business Central. Life story

Recently I was asked by one of the partners to help them to connect external application to the Business Central APIs using OAuth. "No problem, at all" - thought I, and got into the details. But then I released, that the Business Central...

dkatson 2,261
LikeLike (1)
Queuing Background Tasks

I recently faced an interesting problem. The customer had production terminal at the end of a line, were the operator proceed the output. When he marked the production order as completed he clicked the button on the terminal and the request to pos...

dkatson 2,261
LikeLike (2)
Just.One.Line.Of.Code

In the upcoming version of Business Central there is one interesting feature for AL developers - Returning complex types At last, on the customers question "How difficult is that?" you can answer "It's just one line of code...

dkatson 2,261
LikeLike (0)
NEW Dimension Correction tool in Business Central 2021 Wave 1

To be honest I’m thrilled to write about this topic. The thing is, that I started my NAV developer career from developing the Dimension Correction tool for NAV 3.7 and then supported and upgraded it till NAV2016. “Trust me” I kno...

Business Central
dkatson 2,261
LikeLike (0)
How to extend Business Central API without extensions

The problem As most of you, I guess know, it is not allowed to extend Business Central API's This page type cannot be extended by creating a page extension object. Instead, you must create a new API by adding a page object However, sometimes w...

dkatson 2,261
LikeLike (0)
How to extend Purchase/Sales Line Type in Business Central

This blog may seem very narrow-focused, but here we will use tricks that could be widely used. Assume you want to add a new option to the Sales or Purchase Line Type. This approach will work the same for both, so let's say Purchase Line T...

dkatson 2,261
LikeLike (2)
Camera API and Face API for Business Central

I planned to publish this blog for 6 months, but only the latest 16.1 update of Business Central gave me such opportunity. Old Camera API (before 16.1) The ability to take pictures from Business Central was there for a long time. But, it was possi...

Business Central
dkatson 2,261
LikeLike (0)
Monitoring Dynamics 365 Business Central AL functions performance with Application...

It was a while since my last blog. With all this happening outside I had to solve some home stuff. But everything is ok :) I'm safe and we are in the perfect place to live in the isolation mode ... Recently I was involved into the project to b...

dkatson 2,261