Skip to main content

Notifications

Community blogs

Featured

Latest blog posts

Like ( 0 )
AppSource apps and breaking changes – a short story

So .. here’s a short story for you in the hopes you don’t have to go through what we went through.. . We like to think we’re well organized.  We have many pipelines.  A shitload of automated tests (+8500), including integration tests, upgrade test...

waldo 6,430
Like ( 0 )
IsEmpty + FindSet or just FindSet?

A few days ago, I got pointed to this question on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alexander-drogin-0635422b_hey-business-central-developers-im-looking-activity-7231695259485839362-n670?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop Or in othe...

waldo 6,430
Like ( 0 )
Cleaning up Media Orphans with the Data Administration tool in Business Central

Did you ever wonder how to delete Media Orphans in Business Central? Even more – did you know that Media Orphans are a real thing – and can consume a great deal of your database capacity?  It is a thing – and you should be aware! Well – here’s a s...

waldo 6,430
Like ( 0 )
Handling Business Central Telemetry like a boss: my Azure Data Explorer dashboard

You might have seen it, you might haven even been there – but in any case: this year, at BCTechDays, I did a session about “Telemetry”.  And since BCTechDays posts its sessions online (how unique is that!), you can watch the session here: This pos...

waldo 6,430
Like ( 0 )
Days of Knowledge & BCTechDays coming up soon!

I recently realized I forgot to share the amazing conferences happening right now: the “Days of Knowledge” series and BC TechDays. 🤩 I’m a bit ashamed because it’s always such an honor to be part of these events, and the least I can do is help sp...

waldo 6,430
Like ( 0 )
“Generic Charts”.  Forgotten, but not gone …

Do you remember “Generic Charts”?  No?  Don’t worry – I didn’t either. 🤪 Back in the days … For years, we didn’t really pay attention to this feature, but “back in the days”, it was actually quite a nifty thing, where you could easily create a ch...

waldo 6,430
Like ( 0 )
Rec.LockTable – Good Practice?  Or Bad Practice?

Sometimes, “best practices” turn into “bad practices”.  And recently, with one of the best new features of Business Central that just fell in our laps (most users probably won’t realize), one good practice became...

waldo 6,430
Like ( 0 )
Telemetry and Companies

I don’t know about you – but when working with Telemetry, I found it sometimes tedious to map certain traces to actual customers (names of the company, that is).  Here’s a small post on how I handle it today. We (our company R...

waldo 6,430