Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
You may ask why would we ever need a custom button to open an email activity from a record while we can do it from the social pane! Well, good question, and here is the answer: Users want to do their work with fewer clicks.
Note: Please check out previous blog posts to learn how to use Scott Durow’s Ribbon Workbench to create a custom button.
Let’s say we want to open the new email activity and load a specific template when a custom button is clicked on an account record.
1. Add the following libraries to the Email form:
NB: It is highly recommended to combine both files in one to avoid JS files loading sequence issues.
2. Open the Email form in edit mode, click Form Properties and add two new parameters “parameter_1” and “parameter_2”.
3. Use the following code on the click event of the custom button.
4. Add this code to the onLoad event of the Email record.
5. When the custom button is clicked on the Account record, an email activity is opened in a new popup window and the template is loaded.
As always, if you need assistance the Dynamics 365 experts at PowerObjects are here to help!
Business Applications communities