Introduction

You probably all have experimented with the old Dynamics Connector, and came to the conclusion: it sucked! No flexibility, not stable, … we tried to implement it a few times, but always had to turn to third party solutions, which is hard to sell for customers that buy two Dynamics products and expect them to work perfectly with each other.

Dynamics Navision 2016

Now, with NAV2016, there is finally a decent way to connect NAV with CRM by adding a new type of table, being a CRM table. In a way, we are able to connect to a CRM Online table, which means we can code against it like it was a normal table in NAV. So the entire CRM integration is actually just coded in C/AL. Which means: readable, extendable! In 10 minutes, you can have an out-of-the-box connection with CRM Online.  And a few minutes later, you can have even a customized CRM Connector, that matches your customer’s needs.

I have found some interesting Microsoft videos which shows the integration setup, the integration itself and how you can use it in your organization. But I must warn you for the bad quality of them (in terms of video and audio). Microsoft, get your materials in order!

The integration setup

How Do I: Run Microsoft Dynamics NAV Integration Setup in Microsoft Dynamics CRM

The integration itself

How Do I: Integrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016

How you can use the integration

How Do I: Work Natively with CRM in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016

Source:

http://www.waldo.be/2015/10/09/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2016-whats-new/