Hi everyone!

I know it has been quite a while. I have been incredibly busy in the last few weeks as I just moved from Toronto to Vancouver (a 4,000 km move). I have gotten a ton of emails from many MS Dynamics Certified students and other people in the community asking me about the new Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications. As I only have 24 hours in a day, I am going to answer all the questions I have been asked in the last few weeks.

When are the current certifications (MB2-7XX series) being retired?

The MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) certification is retiring on June 30, 2019 and the MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) level examinations are retiring on August 31, 2019.

Why is Microsoft doing that?

This is a normal process happening usually once every 3 years to ensure that all Microsoft Dynamics 365 are up to date with the latest version and technology. There is nothing unusual.

I have the current examinations (MB2-7XX series). Until when they will be valid?

The current certifications are valid until June 30, 2019 for the MCSA and until August 31, 2019 (with one exception). The only exception is that for the purpose of Partner Competency scoring, your certifications will be valid up to one year after the certification retirement (summer 2020).

When can I pass the new certifications?

According to the Microsoft Learning customer support representative I contacted, only people that are part of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) list are allowed to pass examinations while they are in beta, which usually requires a certain level of expertise and experience. I am part of that list and you can contact Microsoft to apply to be part of that list. I don’t know when the new certifications will graduate from beta, unfortunately.

Should I pass the current certifications or wait until the new ones?

Unless you plan to apply for Microsoft Partner roles this summer, I would recommend you to wait and pass the new certifications.

Which ones should I pass and in what order?

I will have a complete article about the topic to maximize your study time as much as possible. Stay tuned!

Why are the MCSA and MCSE are being replaced and what are their equivalents?

The objective is to have certifications that closely match job roles. There is no real equivalent.

When will you launch MS Dynamics Certified preparation courses for the new Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement?

It depends on when the examinations will graduate from beta. I have a clear policy that I do not publish any course unless I have confirmation that I have passed the examination myself from Microsoft. I am working on the replacement right now, so it should be quite shortly after their graduation date.

I have another question not covered here. How can I contact you?

Please write a comment at the bottom of this blog post. I will be happy to answer your question.