SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Locked fields

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

JEL asked a question on 28 Aug 2013 1:38 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Certain fields have a red padlock on, some of these only appear once you have filled in the section of the farm - for example the Estimated Revenue on opportunities. I have looked in form editor, but can't see a clear option to take this padlock off. Does anybody know how we may be able to do? It's just that somebody has put in a wrong estimate, but also going forward it would be useful.

Joe Gill responded on 28 Aug 2013 4:13 AM
My Badges

I think you are talking about the Requirement Level which is set for each field on an entity.

It allows you to set the requirement level to No constraint, recommended or required

hth

Jor

Michael Palmer responded on 28 Aug 2013 5:15 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jel,

The padlock icon identifies a field that cannot be removed from the form (whether it is require or not). This is built in to CRM and cannot be changed. The padlock icon is only visible when designing the form and will not be displayed when a user accesses the form.

Priyadarshi Purwar responded on 28 Aug 2013 5:21 AM
My Badges

CRM won't allow to remove these fields directly, but there is trick for it. Follow the following steps:

1. Add additional tab on the form e.g. Hidden Tab

2. Move the fields that you dont want to display to Hidden Tab

3. Use form script to hide the Hidden tab

4. Publish the Changes :-)

JEL responded on 28 Aug 2013 6:19 AM
My Badges

Ah sorry, let me make myself a little clearer.

I want to keep this part of the form, but I want to remove the padlock as once you have entered data into it you can no longer edit them, which is a problem we are having.

Jake

Mohammad Atif responded on 30 Aug 2013 1:02 PM
My Badges

what is the  filed type in which after inserting the data you are not able to delete that from the form

Thanks,

Mohammad

Abdul H. responded on 17 Apr 2015 11:14 AM

Hello,

Checking to see the resolution for this. I have the exact same issue with Est. Revenue field on Opportunities.

Thank you.

Adam Vero responded on 20 Apr 2015 4:57 AM
My Badges

I suggest you start your own thread - it is possible your problem is very different that this original one. For example, Est revenue field is locked if the Opportunity record is set to calculate this based on products added to the Opp. ("Is System Calculated" field = Yes)

Hasibur Rahman responded on 21 Mar 2016 2:23 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I just ran in to this problem. I am using CRM 2015 and I had Est. Revenue field at the header of the form . The enable read only form the field on the form was checked and I could not uncheck it.

This is what I did to resolve it

1) Remove the field from the header (using form editor)

2) Save , Publish and close the form editor

3) Open the form editor and re add the Est Revenue and notice that the "Field Read Only" version is not checked any more.

Necdet Saritas responded on 21 Mar 2016 5:11 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi JEL,

if i am not wrong understanding, you want to change field is not readonly. How you explain you locked in form editor but you can't see clear option to take this padlock off. The padlock means the field is locked on the form that's all, you can't moved from form before you change on field properties the locking uncheck. But i understand you want that field must be creatable. Everyone can put value on this field? If it is so, you can use javascript on OnLoad event and define this field so;

Xrm.Page.ui.controls.get("your field name").setDisabled (true); //Field readonly  you can't write any thing on field

if you change true as false;

Xrm.Page.ui.controls.get("your field name").setDisabled (false); //Anyone can put value on this field

Michael Palmer responded on 28 Aug 2013 5:15 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jel,

The padlock icon identifies a field that cannot be removed from the form (whether it is require or not). This is built in to CRM and cannot be changed. The padlock icon is only visible when designing the form and will not be displayed when a user accesses the form.

Hasibur Rahman responded on 21 Mar 2016 2:23 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I just ran in to this problem. I am using CRM 2015 and I had Est. Revenue field at the header of the form . The enable read only form the field on the form was checked and I could not uncheck it.

This is what I did to resolve it

1) Remove the field from the header (using form editor)

2) Save , Publish and close the form editor

3) Open the form editor and re add the Est Revenue and notice that the "Field Read Only" version is not checked any more.

Necdet Saritas responded on 21 Mar 2016 5:11 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi JEL,

if i am not wrong understanding, you want to change field is not readonly. How you explain you locked in form editor but you can't see clear option to take this padlock off. The padlock means the field is locked on the form that's all, you can't moved from form before you change on field properties the locking uncheck. But i understand you want that field must be creatable. Everyone can put value on this field? If it is so, you can use javascript on OnLoad event and define this field so;

Xrm.Page.ui.controls.get("your field name").setDisabled (true); //Field readonly  you can't write any thing on field

if you change true as false;

Xrm.Page.ui.controls.get("your field name").setDisabled (false); //Anyone can put value on this field

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS