SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Plugin Registration Tool Resolution problem.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

SB User asked a question on 18 Oct 2015 7:57 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I'm not sure if this is considered a CRM issue, but I thought of posting it here in case other CRM users faced the same problem. 

I'm on Windows 10 and trying to use the Plugin registration tool for CRM 2013, however, the window height is greater than my screen's height and the button "Register plugin" is out of the screen's boundaries. I can't change my laptop's resolution as I'm already on the highest possible resolution. 

SB User responded on 18 Oct 2015 8:05 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I managed to navigate to the hidden bottom button using the "Tab" key. However, i would appreciate if there is a permanent fix for that problem.

Kamran Anjum responded on 18 Oct 2015 2:32 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi SB,

I am  using TAB to go to last OK point of this Plugin Registration Tool window. I would say u can also use same approach. Same resolution is for 2015v also.

Not sure how to decrease the size of this window from Product level.

If will be good if someone in Community can throw light to decrease the size of this window.Thanks

Regards,

Kamran

MRyan responded on 18 Oct 2015 6:50 PM
My Badges

+1. Windows 7 and Plugin Registration Tool for CRM 2015.

Natraj Yegnaraman responded on 18 Oct 2015 8:12 PM
My Badges

This is usually due to scaling settings. Right click an empty area in the desktop and choose "Display Settings". Try decreasing the value for for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". I have mine set at 175% and running Win10 at 2560x1440 and not experiencing this issue.

vitmantug responded on 21 Jan 2016 12:03 PM

Not a scaling problem, it's an height problem.

I also have Win 10, scale set to 100% (the max in my case is 125%, but it makes the problem worst, and I can't use a lower value than 100%), and my resolution is 1366x768.

The problem is clearly on the registration tool, the "Register New Assembly" window has an height higher than 768px.

DaveK responded on 21 Jan 2016 2:47 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

A temporary solution:

1. Click inside the box of "Step 5: Log"
  2. Hit tab 8 times
  3. Hit enter

Messy, but that's how I was able to click "Register plugin" button without seeing it.

VTec responded on 2 Mar 2016 4:12 AM

This is really pathetic. People who need to use Citrix or other remote desktop solutions struggle with this 'bug' a lot. I don't understand why the UI needs to have such a minimum static height with buttons at the bottom, doe not make sense at all.

A fix from MS would be appreciated.

Nirman Doshi responded on 19 Mar 2016 5:53 AM
My Badges

This is really becoming a nightmare for me. The tab thing doesn't work for me, and there is no point in finding why or how!! 

This is a nice tool, and there are not many other options to register a plugin to your CRM instance. I am sure, Microsoft must be providing fix to this issue in their future releases, however, a hot fix with just a vertical scroll bar in this screen will be a life-saver.

Nirman Doshi responded on 19 Mar 2016 5:54 AM
My Badges

Also, I am using latest SDK of CRM (i think CRM 2015) where the problem is still there..

Carol J Kelly responded on 8 Sep 2016 7:01 AM
My Badges

This is very annoying, wish they would fix it permanently. I am using SDK 2016 and issue still exists.

Pranesh Juwale responded on 8 Sep 2016 7:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

The issue is not yet resolved. You can use "TAB" key to register.

Tim Dutcher responded on 8 Sep 2016 2:01 PM
My Badges

I often need to work on my client's servers and run into this problem occasionally.

One solution is to use a Windows automation program like AutoHotkey to move the plug-in registration tool's window up and down. Here's a sample AHK script:

^!1::
    WinActivate, ahk_exe PluginRegistration.exe
    WinMove, ahk_exe PluginRegistration.exe,, 10, -100
Return

^!2::
    WinActivate, ahk_exe PluginRegistration.exe
    WinMove, ahk_exe PluginRegistration.exe,, 10, 10
Return

Ctrl+A+1 will move the window to X, Y position 10, -100 and Ctrl+A+2 will move it back down.

RajeshAchanta responded on 2 Dec 2016 11:29 AM

I am also facing the same issue

I'm using a laptop with 1366x768 resolution, plugin registration tool for dynamics 365

I am not able to register using the 'Tab' key.. tried several times and the Register new assembly window is getting closed when I hit enter.

It would really help if there is a work around.

Jeff Klosinski responded on 2 Dec 2016 10:01 PM

Two other options:

Try going backwards with tab

After you load your assembly and choose your options, place your cursor in the Step 1 box. Then press Shift + Tab twice, then press space or Enter.

Use registration tool from XrmToolbox

Use the registration tool that is available in the XrmToolbox. It's a much older version, before the tool was rebuilt with WPF. I know it will allow you to at least register a plugin in a 2013/2015/2016 org.

Satish Kumar responded on 4 Apr 2017 2:07 AM
My Badges

I am also facing same problem. I am not update plug in dll for 2016 environment. We are upgrading our CRM version from 2011 to 2016. We need to update the SDK version to 2016 sdk version. Is Microsoft fixed this issue or still it is open only.

SB User responded on 18 Oct 2015 8:05 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I managed to navigate to the hidden bottom button using the "Tab" key. However, i would appreciate if there is a permanent fix for that problem.

DaveK responded on 21 Jan 2016 2:47 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

A temporary solution:

1. Click inside the box of "Step 5: Log"
  2. Hit tab 8 times
  3. Hit enter

Messy, but that's how I was able to click "Register plugin" button without seeing it.

Kamran Anjum responded on 18 Oct 2015 2:32 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi SB,

I am  using TAB to go to last OK point of this Plugin Registration Tool window. I would say u can also use same approach. Same resolution is for 2015v also.

Not sure how to decrease the size of this window from Product level.

If will be good if someone in Community can throw light to decrease the size of this window.Thanks

Regards,

Kamran

Pranesh Juwale responded on 8 Sep 2016 7:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

The issue is not yet resolved. You can use "TAB" key to register.

reshmap responded on 5 Feb 2019 2:10 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

The option of Shift+TAB twice and Enter worked for me. Thank you

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS