SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics 365 v9 OnPremise Upgrade Fail

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Shafraz Nasser asked a question on 4 Nov 2018 6:23 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

We've upgraded a copy of our production CRM in a sandbox test environment. Towards the end of the upgrade, the following error message appears and the install fails 

21:12:01|   Info| Installing msdynce_MarketingSales from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip.
21:12:01|   Info| Attempting to acquire lock to unzip package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| Acquired llock to unzip package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales. Took 0 seconds.
21:12:01|   Info| Unzipping package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| Unzipped package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales. Took 0 seconds.
21:12:01|   Info| Released lock for package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip unzipped to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| Found msdynce_MarketingSales in cache C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| PackageDeployer: Starting msdynce_MarketingSales install.
21:13:36|   Info| Failed to install package msdynce_MarketingSales on attempt 1.
21:13:36|   Info| Failed to install msdynce_MarketingSalesException: Microsoft.Crm.PackageDeployment.PackageDeployerException: Package msdynce_MarketingSales failed to install on attempt 1.
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PackageDeployerImportException: PackageDeployerWrapper: Import Failed status encountered. Details: Failed to load solution Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602. See the log file.
   at Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PdExecutor.Process(PackageDeploymentInputArgs input, JobOutput`1 output, CancellationToken ct)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PackageDeployerImportException: PackageDeployerWrapper: Import Failed status encountered. Details: Failed to load solution Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602. See the log file.
   at Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PdExecutor.Process(PackageDeploymentInputArgs input, JobOutput`1 output, CancellationToken ct)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Resetting PackageDeployer operation completion state.
[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Starting PackageDeployer configuration parsing.
[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: Reading the import configuration. Please wait.
[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: Reading the solutions. Please wait.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: Found the solution: Marketing Sales, version: 9.0.4.29 (Managed)
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: Found the solution: Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602 (Managed)
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: Found the detailed data to import.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: PackageDeployer successfully finished configuration parsing.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Starting PackageDeployer import operation.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Waiting for PackageDeployer completion...
[04/11/2018 05:13:27 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: PackageDeployer reported status [Failed] during import: Failed to load solution Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602. See the log file.
[04/11/2018 05:13:27 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Logger LastError: Message: Importing solution threw and unforeseen exception
Source	: Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility
Method	: Execute
Date	: 09:13:27 PM
Time	: 04/11/2018
Error	: The AttributeLookupValue (Id=81cde1dc-2241-db11-898a-0007e9e17ebd) entity or component has attempted to transition from an invalid state: ComponentStateName: Solution; ComponentOperation: Delete; ComponentSolutionType: Active; SolutionOperationContext: MoveSystemComponentToFirstPartySolution; IsProtected: False; FinalComponentState: Publish.
Stack Trace	: at Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.PackageDeployment.CrmPackageCore.ImportCode.BaseImportCustomizations.ExecuteImportSolution(ConfigSolutionFile Sol, String sSolutionImportFilePath)
======================================================================================================================

[04/11/2018 05:13:27 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Logger LastException: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]: The AttributeLookupValue (Id=81cde1dc-2241-db11-898a-0007e9e17ebd) entity or component has attempted to transition from an invalid state: ComponentStateName: Solution; ComponentOperation: Delete; ComponentSolutionType: Active; SolutionOperationContext: MoveSystemComponentToFirstPartySolution; IsProtected: False; FinalComponentState: Publish. (Fault Detail is equal to Exception details: 
ErrorCode: 0x8004F00E
Message: The AttributeLookupValue (Id=81cde1dc-2241-db11-898a-0007e9e17ebd) entity or component has attempted to transition from an invalid state: ComponentStateName: Solution; ComponentOperation: Delete; ComponentSolutionType: Active; SolutionOperationContext: MoveSystemComponentToFirstPartySolution; IsProtected: False; FinalComponentState: Publish.; 
[Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel: Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalOperationPlugin]
[1b830950-e106-4ee1-b3fd-d348cb65dc8d: ObjectModel Implementation]

I have not yet checked what this Attribute Lookup Value refers to, but wanted to see if others had come across the same issue.

Senth responded on 27 Dec 2018 6:35 PM

Ticket 118121019438479 update:

"Fix is being tested in official build. Awaiting signoff before making the COD available."

Zeph Levin responded on 31 Dec 2018 9:29 AM

For what it's worth to anyone considering installing each point release along the way - I just did this to get from 8.1.0.359 to 8.2.3 and still got the same error when upgrading to 9. 

Allison Walters responded on 3 Jan 2019 12:28 PM
My Badges

Just got an update from our MS support rep on the org upgrade issue - he says "the issue has been resolved and the fix would be available in upcoming releases".  But he does not yet have a date for said upcoming release.

Sven Lange responded on 4 Jan 2019 5:52 AM

I got an update from our MS support and they provided me a fix, which can be installed as a hotfix. After the installation an update from 8.2.2 & 8.2.3 to CRM V9 seems to work, but currently I have not the time to test everything in detail. But in fact, that they have a version available, I think the release of the fix will be in the near future.

Allison Walters responded on 4 Jan 2019 10:56 AM
My Badges

Sigh....mine denied/wouldn't tell me about a hotfix.  Will poke again.

Iced_phoenix07 responded on 5 Jan 2019 1:17 AM

Hi Sven,

Would you care to share the hotfix so that we can test and validate at our end.

We would really appreciate that.

Thanks

M Moiez responded on 9 Jan 2019 4:32 AM
My Badges

Hi Sven,

Would you be able to share this hotfix. Microsoft has not released anything yet and there are many people are waiting to get this hotfix. Will highly appriciates If you could share this hotfix.

Thanks

Sven Lange responded on 9 Jan 2019 5:10 AM

Hi,

you can download the hotfix with the following link. Please be aware, that this is an unofficial hotfix and was only provided to me by a microsoft case. The release of the official hotfix should be soon.

filebin.net/9bxidxfkd22fqwuq

Best regards :)

Iced_phoenix07 responded on 9 Jan 2019 6:00 AM

Hi Sven,

Thanks for sharing the hotfix.

I will test and share the feedback.

Patricio Araya responded on 9 Jan 2019 10:37 AM

Same as you but for Opportunity Entity...

the weird thing is that the form is available, can edit  and save, but the Entity is missing on customization screen

Nick Mangioros responded on 9 Jan 2019 10:49 AM
My Badges

Hi Paraya,

I just checked as well and missing:

- Case  Entity

- Opportunity Entity  (and 4 others that are linked to Opportunity)

Upgraded from  8.2.2   to   8.2.3   all was OK

Upgraded from  8.2.3   to   9.0.2.3041      missing entities

Note: also applied the hotfix patch

Thanks

Patricio Araya responded on 9 Jan 2019 11:59 AM

Hi

Just tried the Patch.  and the import was successful.

I'm going to check is everything is there and working.

My db was 8.2, take backup, restored, delete all text-indexes and import.

thanks!

Patricio Araya responded on 9 Jan 2019 12:12 PM

Confirmed

All is there and working well.

Iced_phoenix07 responded on 9 Jan 2019 11:19 PM

Hi Paraya,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

Can you please share the detailed steps taken to successfully upgrade?

Is there any entity that is missing from the customization?

Patricio Araya responded on 10 Jan 2019 7:05 AM

Hi,

not missing entity. all works fine after upgrade.

First thing to do is to clean up all the custom stuff, I remove custom solutions, javascript not compatible with version 9, I have some triggers directly on sql, removed too.

take  a backup, restore on sql, do a clean up db as explained msdynamicsblog.com/microsoft-crm-2016-sql-error-when-upgrading-org-to-service-pack-1-2016-01

just to clarify, I'm not in an in place upgrade, installed Dynamics v9 on a new test server, an imported the organization.

Without the patch the upgrade fails at the end, and you cannot try to re-import a failed db, you have to start from step 1

with the patch (only server patch, I not used the srs patch) the import works well.

ps : my original db was on 8.2 not on 8.23

Pranav Shroti responded on 4 Nov 2018 10:54 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi, on the insider program preview I can see others are facing the similar issues. The error is happening during processing of the Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602 solution.

Resolution is not yet out it seems.

you will have to wait for another patch release I guess.

Regards,

Pranav

If found useful, please mark the answer as verified

Shafraz Nasser responded on 8 Nov 2018 7:21 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Sven,

Somebody posted a workaround on the Insider forum -

You have to uncomment the marketingsales upgrade package in:

C:\Program Files\Dynamics 365\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales\msdynce_MarketingSales\ImportConfig.xml

<!--<configsolutionfile solutionpackagefilename="msdynce_MarketingSalesPatch_managed.cab" publishworkflowsandactivateplugins="true" />-->

After you do this, re-run the upgrade against the organization and it'll work; I have not found any issues in my upgraded instance as yet. It's a hack and I wouldn't do it in production but I just wanted to see what my upgraded instance looks like in a sandbox environment so it's been okay for me. 

M Moiez responded on 20 Dec 2018 6:54 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It is quite long to solve such issue as most of the on-prem customers are waiting to upgrade v9, I would like to suggest Microsoft should give on-prem customer priority too as they do for online D365 customers. Anyways my client cannot wait that long and I adopted an alternative way.

Step 1: Exported all entities data and schema using SDK Configuration Tool

Step 2: Exported all customization as Unmanaged

Step 3: Update/Installed v9 on top off 8.2.3

Step 4: Created a new v9 Org on the same box

Step 5: Imported all unmanaged solutions

Step 6: Run Configuration tool from SDK

Finally, v9 is running and tested.

Graeme Donnell responded on 21 Dec 2018 4:08 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi, I am not sure from the majority of posts if anyone has actually tried this, but I have just completed a CRM 2013 to Dynamics 365 (9.0) Upgrade.

I had experienced the issues outlined above, but in the last ditch attempt, I decided to apply each patch individually.  I went straight from CRM 2013 to CRM 2015 and straight to CRM 2016, but from that point, I installed each rollup in order from,

Build 8.0.1.0079

Build 8.0.1.0359

Build 8.1.1.1005

Build 8.2.0.749

Build 8.2.1.176

Build 8.2.2.112

Build 8.2.3008

Build 9.0.2.3034

Just got the impression that most people in this thread were leapfrogging a number of rollups.  I completed this upgrade earlier this and just got confirmation from the testing team that we can go ahead with the Live Upgrade next week.

MohamedRamadan responded on 30 Jan 2019 6:46 AM
Suggested Answer

Just an update, we deployed the hotfix provied by Microsoft to Sven in the below link, and we successfully migrated from 8.2 to 9.0 with no issues untill now.

Hotfix download link:

filebin.net/9bxidxfkd22fqwuq

Islam Ramadan responded on 10 Mar 2019 5:39 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Sven,

The above link for hot fix is expired. Will be very appreciated If you could share it again please.

Thanks

Markus von Koenig responded on 20 Mar 2019 10:46 AM
Suggested Answer

We successfully have worked around this issue during upgrade from Dynamics 365 v. 8.1 to v. 9.0.2 by commenting out an XML fragment in the configuration file "C:\Program Files\Dynamics 365\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\AllSolutions.xml":

<!--<Solution name="msdynce_MarketingSales">

<FileName>msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip</FileName>

<Comment>Install marketing and sales dependent extensions.</Comment>

<IsHidden>true</IsHidden>

<UsePackage>true</UsePackage>

<IsSystemConverted>true</IsSystemConverted>

<EnabledForUpdate>true</EnabledForUpdate>

</Solution>-->

In addition we have removed the package "msdynce_MarketingSales" from the path "C:\Program Files\Dynamics 365\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\".

indlad responded on 21 Mar 2019 11:47 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Request hotfix for Dynamics 365 V9 with the version number - 9.0.2.4010 and once you install that hotfix and Import CRM 8.2.X database into Dynamics 365, the Import ill be successful. 

Its better Microsoft publish a KB article with that information. 

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS