SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Change contract status from active to draft

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mehrdad asked a question on 10 Nov 2018 6:09 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

How can I change contract status from active to draft?

Why we can't modify invoice or active contract what is the reason behind this policy ?

Thanks,

Suggested Answer

Hi Mehrdad,

Once a Contract has an Active or Invoiced status there are no out of the box methods for changing the status back to Draft. The design of this is so that you cannot edit the Contract record, but you can get around this with a custom workflow activity.

Wei Jie Fun responded on 11 Nov 2018 10:10 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

I believe this is to avoid the contract being modified when it is already running. But nerveless, you should stop to use contract as this will be deprecated soon.

ledgeviewpartners.com/.../10-features-on-microsoft-dynamics-365-crms-v9-deprecation-list-to-watch-for

Alternative, you can look for "Entitlement" to replace the contract functionality.

crmbook.powerobjects.com/.../contracts

Suggested Answer

Hi Mehrdad,

Once a Contract has an Active or Invoiced status there are no out of the box methods for changing the status back to Draft. The design of this is so that you cannot edit the Contract record, but you can get around this with a custom workflow activity.

Wei Jie Fun responded on 11 Nov 2018 10:10 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

I believe this is to avoid the contract being modified when it is already running. But nerveless, you should stop to use contract as this will be deprecated soon.

ledgeviewpartners.com/.../10-features-on-microsoft-dynamics-365-crms-v9-deprecation-list-to-watch-for

Alternative, you can look for "Entitlement" to replace the contract functionality.

crmbook.powerobjects.com/.../contracts

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS