Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Having an issue with an outlook CRM client for only one user.
The Outlook client on this particular computer had previously been working fine but it suddenly stopped working and when clicking anything CRM related in Outlook it would not work. I uninstalled the client and have tried running the configuration wizard again but now I get errors on that.
The server will ping and trace from the users laptop without issue and going through the web CRM works fine. It has been tried in local intranet and trusted sites.
I removed the CRM client and re-installed but it fails with a 503 error when configuring. I set the user up on one of our spare laptops this morning to see if he still got the error and he does.
I have also tried setting up CRM on my local PC and it works fine so I think it is definitely something to do with the users profile.
I created a new Outlook profile as it is definitely his user that only has the issues but the new Outlook profile has not resolved this.
Yep, not an easy one..
Does anybody know if this could be an issue with a corrupt Windows profile or a group policy, such as the user belonging to a group that others are not in? Is there a simple way for me to identify this?
Thanks for using the CRM forums.
-Can you please confirm if you are able to access the CRM discovery service from the same machine?
Discovery service is a Web service that provides information about the organizations that are available on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server using the SOAP protocol.
You can get your discovery service by looking into the developer resources in CRM.
-It would also be a good idea capture the fiddler traces to understand the CRM server response to the outlook
-You can also try creating a new windows user profile on a machine and configure the CRM outlook client.
Thanks for the advice. Funny how this one was resolved. When running Fiddler at the same time as configuring the CRM client, it worked. The only reason this must have happened is due to Fiddler acting as a proxy to bypass a firewall, or anti-virus or re-route through another port or something...
Business Applications communities