Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
2011->2013 Upgrade Issue. In place upgrade, no customizations, every small organization.
Cannot upgrade the organization. Error Log as follows, any help appreciated.Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportSdkMessagesException: Sdk Messages import: FAILURE ---> Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmObjectNotFoundException: plugintype With Id = c89ea120-2c37-11e1-b040-f4ce462d9b94 Does Not Exist.
There is a lot more in the log but that appears to be the important part. Happy to provide more if needed.
Outlook 2011 client can still connect, Outlook 2013 cannot add the organization.
Server shows 6.1.0003.0119
Organization shows 184.108.40.2069 with update available.
it looks like some plugin is missing. Do you have any plugin that has been registered on the server rather database in crm 2011 , if so update that plugin to be database based and try to upgrade.
I see that in the error message, however we didn't install any plugins that I'm aware of. It was a complete default installation. How do I find what plugin it's complaining about? c89ea120-2c37-11e1-b040-f4ce462d9b94
if you go to settings->Customization->Default customization->Plugins , you would see all the custom plugin registred in teh application. Other to get all the plugin's registred in crm is using plugin registration tool that comes as part of the CRM sdk.
Forgive my ignorance, in Deployment manager for 2013 I don't see settings. I am unable to access via my outlook 2013 client. I downloaded the SDK, there is only one plugin registered. "Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternOperationPlugin".
From the web server:
Unrecognized request parameter: ReturnNotifications
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Unrecognized request parameter: ReturnNotifications
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[CrmException: Unrecognized request parameter: ReturnNotifications]
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4297
From the upgrade error log:
17:09:07| Info| Setting organization state. New state = Failed
17:09:07| Error| Update Organization with Id=6d2211e2-8e38-41e6-a137-e5268df5dc75 failed with Exception:
System.Exception: Error.ActionFailed Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseUpdatesAction ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportSdkMessagesException: Sdk Messages import: FAILURE ---> Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmObjectNotFoundException: plugintype With Id = c89ea120-2c37-11e1-b040-f4ce462d9b94 Does Not Exist
I queried my internal crm and found a out of box plugin assembly with guid that shows in your error message. It seems microsft updated the plugin assembly name for the exchange rate.
See below in picture this what i see in my crm instance Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel assembly holds the steps to update the exchange rate but in your system its a different assembly with the same steps. I hope this will help you to resolve this issue.
I researched with the error stack "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportSdkMessagesException: Sdk Messages import: FAILURE".
If you still have access to CRM 2011, I suggest you to
Go under Administration -> System Settings -> Customization -> Enable HTML Component Support
Create a new backup of this organization and import in the new CRM 2013 Environment.
Also you can take a look at the blog
Hope this helps you.
Microsoft Dynamics™ CRM Support Engineer
"Please mark my answer as verified if you found it helpful"
I imported an older backup of the database, removed the organization, and the conversion process completed successfully which fixed both the error I had with the missing plugin, and the error that I was getting in the web interface. Both are working properly, and the organization is showing no update available, and is at the same version as the server.
Business Applications communities