Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'm currently testing the Mobile Phone Express app with our CRM 2015 on premise deployment. I added a new custom field to the main Contact form several weeks ago (prior to installing and configuring the mobile app). In the mobile app form the field is only visible on new contacts that have created subsequent to the new custom field being created. Any contacts that were created prior to the new field being added (i.e. 99% of contacts in our system) do not display the field on the mobile form. Any ideas on how I might go about resolving this?
If you are using the old Mobile Application, then you would have to modify the Mobile form, not the Main form.
Hi Gopolan, apologies if I wasn't clear but I have amended both the mobile and main forms to include the custom field. However it is only visible on recently created contacts in the mobile app, whereas it is visible for all contacts when using CRM through the normal desktop site.
Not to worry, I've figured out why this is occuring. The field is a two options field with No set as the default. The default No value has not been automatically applied on contact records that existed prior to the field being created however it does set the default No value when creating new contacts. It seems the mobile app does not display fields with null value when in read mode, however I can see the field if I go to edit the contact record within the app.
Business Applications communities