Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I'm trying to show/hide fields based on the condition of a field value within the Contact entity.
Field = options are either 'A' or 'B'
I created a business rule to show fields within a section of the Contact entity to show if Field = A and hide if Field /= A
I ensured to activate the business rule and publish, and i even added the condition to check if there was any data first.
I'm at a loss here, currently the fields i want to show/hide just shows regardless of the Field condition of A or B.
Thank you for reaching out.
I tried to implement a similar Business rule and it seems to work. My business rule is as follows:
Things you could check:
1. Make sure the Business Rule has the scope of the form it is running on. It is seen in the top right of the Business Rule. I created a Business Rule from the form, so the scope was autoset to the form directly.
2. Save> Validate> Activate Business Rule.
3. Save the form> Publish the form> Publish all customizations( Just to be safe if required)
4. Come to the UI of the form and do a hard refresh> Check for the execution of the Business Rule
5. Once you set a value of field to A, save the changes and refresh the form to check if the show/hide has succeeded(Just in case to validate)
Hope this helps.
Mark as suggested if the answer helped you.
can you please share your business rule configuration screenhot to investigate this issue further?
It seems to be scope issue as suggested in above post. Set Scope to All Forms and publish the chane then check.
Please verify the below:
1. All the fields used in the business rule exist on the form
2. The business rule scope is set to All Forms
3. The business rule is activated
I already did all the above, even cleared my cache for good measure
I have a feeling this might be the case, as i have two business rules created, both being used in the same entity in different sections.
I can't find the way to attach screenshots for some reason..
Business Applications communities