Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
so, I’m using dynamics CRM 4.0 and want to do “Parent/Child” cases. I’ve taken the following steps:
1. Created a 1:N relationship from cases to cases with the following settings:
— name: CSC_ParentCase
— Display Name: Parent case
— Type: Lookup
— Name: Parentcaseid
— requirement level: No Constraint
— Navigation settings: Do not display
Type of Behavior: Referential
2. On the mappings tab of this new relationship, I’ve mapped custom field: csx_parentcasenumber to the stock field ticketnumber. The goal of this is that once the parent case is selected, the case number will automatically populate in the field next to it.
3. Modified the form to add a custom section called parent case information and displayed the look up field for a parent case and displayed the field as read only for parent case number.
4. Created a 1:N relationship from cases to cases displayed in the navigation bar using a custom level of child cases.
5. I have modified the preview form to show parent case and parent case number. The parent case displays correctly, however the parent case number as with the Field does not cooperate and display.
when I link a parent case to a child case using the form, the look up works successfully, however the current case number does not populate. Further, when going to the child cases review on the parent case, no child cases are populating.
in an attempt to fix this, I have attempted to set these relationships as parental however, when attempting to save I get an error that states that this entity already has a relationship configured as parental or cascading and to select a different relationship take.
does anyone have any ideas on how to make the parent child cases work correctly?
Business Applications communities