Announcing Worldwide Availability of Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail!

• Comments 12

This week marks the worldwide general availability of Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail, a new solution for midsized specialty retailers that offers a deep level of integration across point of sale, store management, supply chain, merchandising and financials to address business productivity while enhancing customer service in a single solution. It’s an exciting time for Microsoft and our retail team, because we are delivering the end-to-end solution, innovation, and value that our customers and partners have been asking for to meet the needs of today’s retail environment.

While today’s retailer is facing ever-expanding opportunity, they are also facing unprecedented challenges. Retailers have more channels to reach their customers and grow globally, but they must also serve an empowered consumer with access to more information and choice than ever before. It’s become commonplace to find retail customers in the store cross-shopping the latest promotion or competitor down the street – forcing retailers to leverage IT in an entirely different way to drive visibility across the organization to react quickly, seize new opportunities, and build customer loyalty. According to a recent analyst report*, as many as 84 percent of retail respondents recognized they do not have good integration and connectivity between stores, headquarters and the supply chain, preventing them from having the visibility they need. Finally, retailers must find new ways to make their most valuable asset – people – more productive.

In order to address these challenges, retailers need to adopt what we call a “Connected Experience for Retail.” So what is a truly connected experience, and how is Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail providing retailers with the foundation to deliver on this promise? Connected is the ability to capture customer information at the point of sale and have it populate in real time at headquarters and across the entire chain of stores to be acted upon immediately; Connected is the store associate who can provide real time visibility to a customer about product availability and location – helping build loyalty and differentiated service; Connected is a RoleTailored user experience for each employee optimized to drive speed of service, reduce training times, and drive organizational efficiency. Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail offers all of this and more out of the box. It’s more than another retail solution – it’s a new philosophy in how to deliver a retail solution, reduce complexity, and address the pain that retailers have been feeling for a long time.

I have worked with many of our partners and customers to gain valuable feedback on the new solution, and I’ve seen how strongly this message is resonating. Since our initial preview at the 2010 National Retail Federation Annual Convention and Expo, we are seeing a strong number of early adoption customers and global retail partners embracing the unique value of a connected retail experience. Some of these customers include MYDIN Mohamed Holdings Berhad of Malaysia (MYDIN), Carol’s Daughter, Swiss Farms, and HDS Retail North America – all looking forward to spending more time building customer relationships, and less time worrying about their IT.

Another of the early adopters, Groupe Aksal, a leading Moroccan distributer of fashion and luxury goods, is implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail in order to achieve a connected retail experience. When asked about the reasons why the company chose Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail, Khalid Benabdelkader, corporate IT manager told us: “We were looking for a single solution that would be suitable for managing all of our franchises, regardless of size or business. We choose Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail because it could be fully supported by our operational and IT team, was easy to understand, and could be extended across numerous franchises. The Microsoft partner - Megatek - we worked with had an excellent knowledge of our business and shared with us the goal of successfully implementing the solution without disruption to our business.”

Microsoft’s channel partners are critical to the successful delivery of Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail, and they can use the new solution as an opportunity to deliver customer-specific configuration and implementation services where specific requirements are needed. Microsoft partners from around the globe, including Aldata, Columbus IT, Avanade, Tectura Corp., Maginus, Ideaca, and the Microsoft Dynamics Retail partner of the year, Junction Solutions, are already seeing success with retailers.

We are also addressing the challenge retailers face in deploying solutions with limited global availability. With the initial launch, Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail is available in more than 16 markets, including Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, the U.K. and the U.S. In the coming months we will expand to an additional 22 markets while delivering a number of new capabilities.

With a growing pipeline and strong momentum, I am looking forward to sharing more news and additional customer testimonials in the upcoming months. In the meantime, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/en/us/products/ax-retail.aspx for more information about Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail.

Michael Griffiths
Global Director of Product Management, Microsoft Dynamics Retail

*What Every Retail Technology Provider Wants To Know, By Brian Kilcourse, RSR Research, April 13, 2010

Follow us on Twitter and befriend us on Facebook  

• Congrats everybody on the GA! Regards from my tropical baltic island!

• When will MS Dynamics be available in India? Any idea?

• I meant MS dynamics GP

• @Kishen - There are no current plans in the Microsoft Dynamics GP product roadmap for the specific localization or language requirements of India to be developed in the product.  Many companies use Microsoft Dynamics GP International English Version in countries requiring few localization changes, or use one of our other Dynamics products such as AX or NAV.

• @Jose Antonio Estevan - did you have a question? If so could you please write in English. Muchos gracias

• When Dynamics AX for Retail(price sheet) will be available in Cote de Ivoire- africa.

• When Dynamics AX for Retail will be available in Middle East?

• @Ibrahim Zubair - do you mean specifically in the Arabic language?

• I mean to say available in the market regardless Arabic language.

• @Ibrahim Zubair: The Middle East will be on the pricelist September 1.

• thanks for shearing such a nice nifo

• Hi,

I have implemented the MS Dynamics AX Retail. I have one question i.e.,

how can I convert the AX POS from english language to Arabic. Is there any mechanism to convert the POS from english to arabic.