Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Fleet Management Conto...
Finance forum
Answered

Fleet Management Contoso Demo Data example in a development environment: Tutorial "Expand Application Suite Report Data Sets" How to find that report in the UI?

Posted on by 452

Hello all,

Today using a development environment, and a temporary code branch mapped to that environment from our Azure Dev Ops, I did the tutorial at: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/analytics/expand-app-suite-report-data-sets?context=%2Fdynamics365%2Fcontext%2Fcommerce This is the one that has you 'Expand Application Suite report data sets'

At the end I watned to see if my changes worked, i.e. did I do the work correctly so I'm actually learning what I think I'm learning?

In the tutorial it seems to tell you that you'll be making a report like this:

pastedimage1686348799006v1.png

But the closest I can get to that with the demo data is from this screen:

Screenshot-2023_2D00_06_2D00_09-at-3.14.33-PM.png

But that takes you to a static report that can look like this:

I figure either:

I'm approaching this report in the wrong way.

OR

This module doesn't work the way it once did when this page (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/analytics/expand-app-suite-report-data-sets?context=%2Fdynamics365%2Fcontext%2Fcommerce) was created?

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks so much again.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    RE: Fleet Management Contoso Demo Data example in a development environment: Tutorial "Expand Application Suite Report Data Sets" How to find that report in the UI?

Hi Jim,

I don't have a list with all the tutorials. For me practicing with the fleet management demo is about 7-8 years ago.

• jt1024 Profile Picture
    jt1024 452 on at
    RE: Fleet Management Contoso Demo Data example in a development environment: Tutorial "Expand Application Suite Report Data Sets" How to find that report in the UI?

Hello André,

Well, one question, does anyone have a link to just all the tutorials around the fleet management demo?  So far I'm just thinking I need to read learn.microsoft.com/.../ from top to bottom doing each tutorial as I find it.

- Jim

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi Jim,

Thanks for providing your update. Do you need any additional help from the community?

• Verified answer
    jt1024 Profile Picture
    jt1024 452 on at

I think I might have figured it out... when trying to learn I've been going through as many MS Learn courses etc but sometimes I just find myself on a given documentation page.  For the fleet management stuff you have to start somewhere around here: learn.microsoft.com/.../user-interface-development-home-page ....  and from there you get links to GitHub's hosting of the Fleet Management Lab files.

And from there I hope to be more successful. :)

• jt1024 Profile Picture
    jt1024 452 on at

Hello Anton,

Thanks for your time in trying to help me with this question. Much appreciated.

I changed companies, found no data, and then on US01 company I did the reset up of fleet management data provided by the application.

Then I ran the Rentals By Customer report, and still no history expansions.

I seems like on the page https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/analytics/expand-app-suite-report-data-sets?context=%2Fdynamics365%2Fcontext%2Fcommerce that it's not so much a report but an interactive record by record rentals by customer viewing interface.

Could it be something else? Sholud I not be accessing the 'report' the way I am? Or maybe has this Fleet Management demo changed and some aspect of it is missing I wonder? 

-Jim

• Suggested answer
    Anton Venter Profile Picture
    Anton Venter 18,495 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi Jim,

Can you switch to another legal entity and try the report again? The report is (probably) not showing any data because the DAT legal entity does not contain transactional data.

2023_2D00_06_2D00_10-10_5F00_17_5F00_35_2D00_Fleet-Management-Contoso-Demo-Data-example-in-a-development-environment_5F00_-Tutoria.png

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates