Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Fixed Asset Write Down
Finance forum
Answered

Fixed Asset Write Down

Posted on by 2
I am relatively new to the product and wanted to see if someone could assist with a fixed asset write down question I have.

Is it possible to process a fixed asset write down that occurred in a prior period (or year) and assign the transaction a 'write down' date that is different from the transaction date ( voucher date)?

I see on the acquisition side you can assign the acquisition date, which can be different from the transaction (voucher) date.

The preference is not to open up prior periods when adding these new assets/write downs.

Thanks
EPG
  • Suggested answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Fixed Asset Write Down
    Hi,
    Write-down, revaluation, and write-off adjustments are all adjustments to the acquisition price. Similar issues are described in the link below, which you can briefly view:
    Dynamics Community Forum Thread Details
    In addition, the only content I can find about fixed asset write-downs is:
    You can make relevant modifications to the write-down adjustment in the fixed asset template form,

Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Verified answer
    ZvikaR Profile Picture
    ZvikaR 61 on at
    Fixed Asset Write Down
    I suspect your question is related to a write-down that was not recorded on time, and now is impacting the total depreciation for the year.

If that's the case, you can work around the issue with posting the write-down to the current period, and posting "adjustment" depreciation, to bring the NBV to what it needs to be. 
  • Frank Hamelly | MVP, MCP, CSA Profile Picture
    Frank Hamelly | MVP... 3,878 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Fixed Asset Write Down
    I don't think what you propose is possible.  From a logic perspective, a write-down transaction is very different from an Acquisition.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates