Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / List of .NET events in...
Finance forum
Unanswered

List of .NET events in F&O

Posted on by 8
Is there a list of .NET events that can be subscribed to in X++?  Can I subscribe to an event in C# that is not allowed in X++?
  • DiTheDev Profile Picture
    DiTheDev 8 on at
    Hello Judy, thanks for the response.  I have tried, but can't seem to subscribe to the event. I guess I am not understanding the examples or AX doesn't like what I am trying to do.  I have decided to move the event registration that I need to do to a C#  dll.  From X++ I will subscribe to the ApplicationStartupDelegates::onPostApplicationStartup in X++ and call my c# code that will register the events I need and handle them.  I have spent too much time on this one already and already have a C# dll so will not be too much work.  I will post my code when done.

Diane

• DiTheDev Profile Picture
    DiTheDev 8 on at
    In the response provided,. the events and delegates link, the examples appear to be subscribing to events raised in X++ classes.  I am looking for an X++ example where the event is being raised from the .NET framework, more specifically, from AppDomain. 

I have found a few examples X++, but they are looking at different events.  When I try to add and event for AssemblyLoad, the compliler is not happy.  I am working on a C# solution but would really like to have this in X++.  I have not found a solution that builds, or one that can be implemented in X++ due to the complexities of the event.  Specifically, I have not been able to figure out how to add the event handler method to the AppDomain event handler.  So am still looking for an example that I can understand and implement.
  • Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi, you can subscribe to events in X++ using delegate keyword and handle the event occurrences in your code.
    Please refer to the X++ and C# comparison:

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans