Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Accounting structure -...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Accounting structure - for inventory adjustments

Posted on by 251
Dear Members,

I would like to know if any solution exist to the issue which I have described down.

I had completed setting up the advanced accounting rules and linking the same with the accounting structures for my P&L accounts. When trying with the General Journals, it is working as I expected. When I try posting an inventory adjustment journal, I noticed that the accounting structure which I found working for the general journals is not working here. The restrictions which I setup in the advanced rule is not working here.

Does this one don't work for inventory adjustment journal ? Is there any setup that has to be done, so that it works fine same as General journal ?

Please render your suggestions/solutions to the above issue and help me to meet my requirement..!

Thanks in advance,
M Saravanan
  • Suggested answer
    Ramit Paul Profile Picture
    Ramit Paul 21,894 Most Valuable Professional on at
    Accounting structure - for inventory adjustments
    The advanced rules can be filtered and enforced for ledger accounts. When you enter details for subledger, like projects or vendors, it is at that moment not directly known what ledger account(s) will be involved during posting. For that reason, the filtering is not working, but validation and posting will apply the rules per ledger account.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,665 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,971 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans