Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Generate the ledger tr...
Finance forum
Answered

Generate the ledger transactions for Auditor purpose (with Year-end closed transactions)

Posted on by 475
Hi all,

I would like to export the ledger transactions from  D365 FinOps for the specific period for Auditing, hence would like to generate transactions that includes the opening balance and the current transactions covering the period.

Can you guys advise what is the quicker way to generate it? from Data management or via report?

Thanks
Ett
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Generate the ledger transactions for Auditor purpose (with Year-end closed transactions)
    Hi,
    If the following answer is helpful, please mark it as verified.
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hi,
    Some features are enabled by default in the system and therefore do not appear in the feature management. If you are referring to the feature mentioned in the document, I did not see this feature in my test environment as well. So, I think the system may be enabled by default.
    This is the path to the report:

Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Ett Profile Picture
    Ett 475 on at
    Hi Hana,

As far as I checked, I could not find this feature under the demo environment. Is there any limitation here?

• Suggested answer
    Frank Hamelly | MVP, MCP, CSA Profile Picture
    Frank Hamelly | MVP... 3,601 Super User on at
    DMF might export quicker but would require some data cleansing - columns in alpha sequence, unneccessary columns, etc.  Hana's suggestion might be the quickest solution overall.
  • Verified answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hi,
    You can check if Trial balance with transactional detail report meets your needs, The document mentions that When you generate the report, you can include the following detailed general ledger transactions on it: Posted transactionsPending transactionsAll transactions. And including the following information in the rowsOpening balanceDebit or credit amountEnding balance. Trial balance with transactional detail report - Finance | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn
    Best Regards,
    Hana

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Can you answer this forum question?

You could make someone's day!

Community Newsletter - May 2024

Kudos to our community stars!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture