Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Number Sequence Cache ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Number Sequence Cache Candidates D365FO

Posted on by 415

HI , 

I am getting few errors which might be related and i am not sure what to do. Please suggest. Thanks. 

1. When i open in LCS i see this Number Sequence Cache candidates and i attached images of those errors. 

2. When i try to create a customer and save the record , i am getting " Cannot create a record in Global Address book (DirpartyTable). PartyId : xxxx , xx, xx. The record already exist. This is with a new name and account id i created, but still it says its exist before. Looks like its trying to get an existing partyid. Number sequence is not continuos as i can see. 

Any help would be appreciated. thanks. 

D365p1.PNG

D365p2.PNG

D365p3.PNG

• CU15050006-0 Profile Picture
    CU15050006-0 31 on at
    Number Sequence Cache Candidates D365FO
    Having error same like first screenshot only
    In LCS
    Can anyone help

• Suggested answer
    Ties Philippi Profile Picture
    Ties Philippi 960 on at
    RE: Number Sequence Cache Candidates D365FO

Hi DynamicsAXExplorer,

Could be because of other number sequences that get indirectly used.

At least what happens is that a number sequence is assigning 2459.

First step would be to identify the actual number sequence.

These steps should be carefully executed and you should be careful on taking conclusions, as just finding the number 2459 at a sequence is not enough, since this could be a coincidence, so take all outcomes in proper consideration.

This is a 2 step approach as the number sequence can be generated from two places, the status list or the number sequence itself.

The first step would be looking into the status list to see if any number sequence has the number 2459 in reservation.

To do this go to the tablebrowser for the number sequence status list via adding the URL below (off course change your environment with your actual environment):

<yourenvironment>.com/?mi=systablebrowser&tablename=numbersequencelist

In this list the unformatted numbers are listed in the NextRec column, so if a lot of records are present in this table you can filter for 2459. If there are results in here for this number, you can go to the actual number sequence via view details on the NumberSequenceId column. Next you should validate ff this is the actual number sequence that is blocking your process, if so validate if it is really used already and if yes delete it from the status list with <alt+delete> otherwise go to the step below.

For the second step we will go and investigate the next number as it appears on the number sequence, this can be done a little bit easier. Go to Organization Administration --> Number Sequences --> Number Sequences. Click on the next column to filter it and enter 2459. If this is returning results then you should check if the number sequences are the correct ones for your process. If so, then you can modify the next number to 2460 and see if this fixed your issue.

Best regards,

Ties

• DynamicsAXExplorer Profile Picture
    DynamicsAXExplorer 415 on at

Hi,

The Number Sequence Address Book Party Id is not continuous and the next number is 2531. But i got the error for "2459". When i check Status List its Empty.

When the next number is 2531, i am not sure why its using 2459 .  Any more suggestions?

• Suggested answer
    Ties Philippi Profile Picture
    Ties Philippi 960 on at

Like Andre said, check the number sequence of the global address book.

If this is continuous be sure to check out the status list and see if your number is there.  If you have validated that the actual reserved number is already created then you can manually delete the reserved number from the status list (alt+delete).

Besides this if you have continuous enabled for the gba number sequence you should think about disabling it as well, or at least evaluate if you really need that sequence to be continuous.

• Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi DynamicsAXExplorer,

This Number Sequence Cache on LCS is not related. You have to check if the number sequence for the global address book ID is setup correctly. Probably someone did import manually some records where numbers are used where the number sequence was not aligned afterwards? If it is not continuous, check the next number on this sequence and see if this one is not used yet. So ensure it would be the highest number used plus (at least) one.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,706 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans