Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Invoice Capture - step...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Invoice Capture - step by step ressources for complete process

Posted on by 74
Hello,

I tried to setup Invoice Capture and make it work with F&O, but I'm not happy about the results. With my setup all the elements work, but it's not assigned correctly to the PO, and not posted.  Does anyone have a good resource for the entire process?

My approach: I work with a customer system, not with dem data.
I create purchase orders with 2 lines, but items. I confirm and post the product receipt for the entire quantity.
I then create a invoice in Word with all the necessary information including purchase order and the number of the product receipt.

Here's my first issue: Invoice Capture doesn't recognize the number of product receipt. Even after using the exact same design for a dozen times I have to manually enter the number. Is there a lasso tool that allows me to highlight the data on the document, so it can be recognized automatically next time?

Next, I transfer the invoice to F&O. However, it isn't assigned to the purchase order and product receipt, and instead I have to assign it manually and then post.

This is the simplest case I can think of so I'd expect it to work without manual intervention. As far as I see others have made this process work, so there should be something missing from the setup. Is there a step-by-step guide that could help me? The articles on Microsoft Learn are for Invoice Capture or the setup for Accounts Payable,s but not for the combined process of both (at least as far as I have seen).

Thanks in advance for all help!

Best regards
  • Ingmar Bickl Profile Picture
    Ingmar Bickl 74 on at
    Hi Gaurang,

you posted the same video twice, is there another video you wanted to show me?

Thanks 
    Ingmar
  • Suggested answer
    Gaurangkumar Jani Profile Picture
    Gaurangkumar Jani 4,470 Super User on at
    HI,

Please go though the configuration as per below videos. It should work if your model can capture all right details. If not you can create custom model to capture invoices.

Thanks,
    Gaurang
  • Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    You can check out this official document: Invoice capture FAQ - Finance | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft LearnThis article answers frequently asked questions about the Invoice capture solution. The Invoice capture solution automatically creates vendor invoices from digital invoice images.
    Best regards,
    Kevin

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans