Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Self Service data upgrade truncates email

Posted on by 235

Hello all,

I recently finished a test data upgrade migration from our AX2012R3 environment to UAT.  Since we are not converting transactions, it’s fairly uneventful. However, I did notice that after the migration is complete and I attempt login to UAT, I cannot login to the environment with any account but our admin account. 

When I look at the user account record(s), I notice two problems: Email address field is truncated (i.e. john.smith instead of john.smith@ourdomain.com) and the provider field is ourdomain.com instead of https://sts.windows.net/. Once I change these two fields, I can login. 

Have you seen this problem before? So what is the correct remedy for this? I can change the provider field in the source AX2012 DB just prior to the data migration, but that doesn’t fix the email truncation.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    RE: Self Service data upgrade truncates email

Hi Steve,

Were you able to resolve your issue? The information from Yuan is correct. If you had upgraded and want to update the user information data from Dynamics 365, you can use the function 'Open in Excel' on the Users form. Then you can quickly edit the data and publish changes back into Dynamics 365.

• YY Lim Profile Picture
    YY Lim 960 on at
    RE: Self Service data upgrade truncates email

If I remembered correctly from my previous upgrade project 2 years ago, you would need to install a KB and configure in the initilaze checklist of AX 2012, you would need to provide the email for the each user I believe.

Please refer here, middle section docs.microsoft.com/.../upgrade-overview-2012

This KB.

fix.lcs.dynamics.com/.../4035163

Once you done the pre-upgrade checklist, you would be fine.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans