Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Answered

How to remove a user from approval list from Sales Order transactions below 1M

Posted on by 137

Hi, I am currently new to Navision 2018 and was appointed to assist with the same. Hoping you could help me with my query. Thank you in advance.

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    RE: How to remove a user from approval list from Sales Order transactions below 1M

Hello Michael,

welcome to the NAV/BC world

It depends on what you are using for approval: Approval User Setup or Workflow User Group.

How to Set Up Workflow Users - Business Central | Microsoft Docs

If you are using Approval User Setup and in the workflow Approval Chain, for example, you can specify the Limit Amounts in the page as follows:

pastedimage1614160413225v1.png

For each user, you can set their Limit, so they won't be able to approve by themselves over those Limit Amount and the approvals will go to the approvers with higher limits.

If you want the approval go directly to the one with the proper limit and exclude the others, you can try with "First Qualified Approver". Then the request will go only to the one with the proper limit.

On the other hand, if you are using a Workflow User Group list, you cannot specify Limit Amounts for those users in the same way.
    The only control you have in there is the Sequence No. that defines the order the request for approval will be send. Same Sequence No. means the request for approval will be sent at the same time for all, different ones means that the one with 1 will get it first, then the one with 2...etc...

The only way you can control the Limit Amounts even with Workflow User Group is using the "On Condition" in the own Workflow design.

Something like this would make the trick, but using your own limit amounts:

pastedimage1614160880248v2.png

Pics are from BC, but you can do the same in NAV2018. Good luck!

I hope it helps

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans